Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRO--Anyone else had problems?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am yet to break one after nearing 18 months shooting them. Far and away, the most durable competition red dot optic I have used or observed.
    One of my acquaintances is a SWAT officer in the metro Phoenix area. He's using an SRO on his Gen5 Glock as his duty optic. He has no durability issues with his. He's not intentionally trying to break it but he isn't being overly cautious with it either. He's bumped and banged it getting in and out of vehicles, etc. He uses the same gun and optic to shoot carry optics and has had no issues.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I just received a couple of Jagerwerks BROS shields for the SRO.

https://jagerwerks.com/b-r-o-s/

My only SRO-application is a single optic that I'm having direct milled onto a non-reciprocating .22 sight base for a competition gun, so I really don't have any worthwhile comments on rugged handling, but I figure that it can't hurt.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Necropost, but I ordered an SRO last week. Figured they have to have worked out some issues by now. Got it, mounted it. Love the window! Did a little dry fire with it. Put it away last night, woke up this morning, it's dead. It's been one week. Replaced the battery, nothing.

I haven't even shot with it yet. Haven't done ANYTHING with it yet. So a year and half later, my experience mirrors that or the OP's.

Sad trombone.
    Last edited by newt; 05-18-2021 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    Necropost, but I ordered an SRO last week. Figured they have to have worked out some issues by now. Got it, mounted it. Love the window! Did a little dry fire with it. Put it away last night, woke up this morning, it's dead. It's been one week. Replaced the battery, nothing.

I haven't even shot with it yet. Haven't done ANYTHING with it yet. So a year and half later, my experience mirrors that or the OP's.

Sad trombone.
    Where did you order it from?

Asking for two reasons. I have been looking for ~6 weeks for a 5 MOA and they're out of stock every where, two is that there has been a huge number of fake SROs showing up in holsters that don't hold up.

No idea what you situation is but here is some info if you want to check
    Last edited by Artemas2; 05-18-2021 at 07:26 AM.

Site Supporter
    I ordered from Brownells, so I certainly hope this is the real deal. Will check asap.

Note to self, might be another good reason to buy from Brownells on something like this...
    Currently OOS on SRO but RMR is available.

Site Supporter
    I will say: GREAT customer service. Called, answered right away. Will have return info in a few minutes. Even asked if I could swap RMR for the SRO, but I doubt they'll let me.

I'm up to about 10k and I'm sending mine back to Trijicon. Elevation dial doesn't have tactile or audible clicks anymore. However, it appears to be holding zero for now. In the long run I don't think any of the slide mounted dots are so durable that you can expect them to last forever.

Cliff notes version of the video is to look and feel for the ridge on top of the front lens.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ive never seen a SRO and dont know how much space is needed to get to the battery cap.
    I wonder if there is enough room for something like this.
    https://www.penntoolco.com/LS64250/?...hoCJlgQAvD_BwE

Name:  B57E7B2A-8C81-4789-BC00-3CC2344C49FE.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  9.0 KB
    Last edited by UNK; 05-18-2021 at 06:30 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List