Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRO--Anyone else had problems?

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Ive never seen a SRO and dont know how much space is needed to get to the battery cap.
    I wonder if there is enough room for something like this.
    https://www.penntoolco.com/LS64250/?...hoCJlgQAvD_BwE

Attachment 71645
    Not much need IMO. If you have a big flathead screwdriver that'll suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I have contact Trijicon and await a shipping label...

I received my 2.5 moa SRO just a few weeks ago. I promptly mounted it to a Glock 19 MOS slide and proceeded to dry fire with it. Right off the bat I noticed that the "-" button was very difficult to use. It seemed hard to press with no tactile feedback. It sort of "smooshed" rather than "clicked." As a result, I seemed to be putting the optic into one of the various modes.

Anyway, I haven't used the optic in live fire yet and wanted to change that. I pulled the pistol out this morning with the intention of going to the range but found the optic is dead. Pushing either button independently or at the same time does nothing. I changed the battery and it still would come on.

Not a good way to start my week!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I just got contacted by Scopelist.com and they had to cancel and refund my SRO order because they are having problems with a bunch of the SRO buttons. They are sending them all back to Trijicon. This may be a bigger issue than just your SRO.

I have one on a LTT Beretta that just quit working after having it mounted for less than two weeks, tried multiple new batteries and it remains dead... I need to send it back to the mothership but have not had time recently....
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

My 5.0 shut off, changed the battery, worked for one day and then shut off again. I sent it in on a Monday and had a new one back the next Saturday (6 days!). A friend's (2.5) won't hold the zero, Trijicon is sending him a new one.

Adding a datapoint. I also had to send mine back for an exchange.

2021 model. Received, function checked, installed, stored for a week or so, wouldn't turn on with any button combination.

Got a new one and it's going on my fun gun. Never trusting Trijicon dots with my life.

Pre-pandemic I received tritium pistol sights that had a front screw that was too long or a front sight that wasn't threaded deep enough. Either way, sent it back. In my experience their QC isn't as good as their customer service. Though my sample size is small, I've never received a Trijicon product that was G2G out of the box.

Running three SRO's . . . . . all 5 MOA.

Two on CZ Shadow 1's (mounted on plates by CZ Custom) and one on a CZ Shadow 2 (mounted directly to the machined slide by CZ Custom).

The Shadow 2 has low round count with zero problems.

One of the Shadow 1 pistols had the battery fail at about 2 1/2 years, and I replaced it.

The other Shadow 1 had the left optic mounting screw shear off in the slide. It is currently at CZ Custom and they are removing the broken screw and remounting the optic now, and they will replace the battery while they have it. It's been in use right at two years.

So I guess I have had one "issue", but none (zero) have been with any of the optics.

5 MOA unit on my match Shadow 2 is done. 12K or so rounds. The dot brightness intensity doesn't stay set, goes down with shots. Screwed my state match up a bit but I thought I fixed it with a new battery. Then it did it again, and again today. Shock buffs all along, 10 to 11 recoil springs, and 11 to 14 hammer springs.
    Looks like Trij CS is getting tested with these.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Every time I think about making the switch to carry optics this thread comes back up

Does anyone have an optic than can make it past the 20K mark yet? I really don't want to have a $400-$600 piece of gear be an annual replacement.
    I do have a 2017 type 1 rmr that is still going at 8k. but I am getting reluctant to use it more.

While the plural of anecdote is not data, my wife and I have a half dozen or more SRO units, and have not had a single failure. These units go back to year one of production, and each have many thousands of rounds on them in the years since we bought them. The SRO units have been so durable for us, that I try to practice with a SRO and reserve the Romeo 3 Max/XL optics for matches.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    Every time I think about making the switch to carry optics this thread comes back up

Does anyone have an optic than can make it past the 20K mark yet? I really don't want to have a $400-$600 piece of gear be an annual replacement.
    I do have a 2017 type 1 rmr that is still going at 8k. but I am getting reluctant to use it more.
    FWIW, one of my Type 1 RMR RM06es got to 16431 rounds without any issue that couldn't be solved with a fresh battery. I was also using a Battle Werx Anti-Flicker Sealing Plate, though I don't remember what round count I had installed it at. My other Type 1 RMR saw much lower round counts, since it was on my carry gun, but also did not have any issues.

Perhaps it's simply due to a much smaller user base, but I can't remember of any issues with the ACROs off the top of my head, though they're not exactly optimized for CO.

User Tag List