Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRO--Anyone else had problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Not sure if this is the same guy, but I found this…

https://thesrotool.com/
    Purchased... through one of the worst websites ever. This dude needs dev help from someone asap.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Ordered one as well… and yes, the site sucks. No direct link to payment, you need to scan the bar code!?!?

My SRO tool arrived today. It’s a quality part and shipping was fast. But being the tinkerer that I am, I made 2 small mods.

I guess due to the manufacturing process, the entire thing has a rough pebble grain finish, including the mating surface. I smoother the mating surface with my Dremel and a scotchbrite wheel.

I also drew some hash marks to make it easier to line up with the battery cap slots.

Name:  EA492783-C6DC-4EE5-B373-B0BEC3444593.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  56.0 KB
    Name:  E979E52F-1D35-41B1-B4E0-0711D5A31F7D.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  55.1 KB

I added the same hash marks on the top side of the tool!

I'm contemplating buying SROs for CCW and range use on Glocks. My only hesitation is the SRO's glare and double dot issues.

Is there any lens treatment that helps reduce the problems with a low sun angle? (Without resorting to tape or sunshades, as discussed in this thread http://glare and double dot issues )

Are any of the SRO models more/less susceptible to glare and double dot issues? For example, is the 5 MOA version less problematic than the 1 MOA version?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I'm contemplating buying SROs for CCW and range use on Glocks. My only hesitation is the SRO's glare and double dot issues.

Is there any lens treatment that helps reduce the problems with a low sun angle? (Without resorting to tape or sunshades, as discussed in this thread http://glare and double dot issues )

Are any of the SRO models more/less susceptible to glare and double dot issues? For example, is the 5 MOA version less problematic than the 1 MOA version?
    I’ve run the SRO all year on my USPSA carry optics pistol. No issues whatsoever. Cant say the same for my Delta Point.

ETA: I’m running a 5MOA.

There’s not anything out there that’s a perfect solution. @JCN made a cover for his with one of those stone bridgegunworks covers.

But even with the front taped you can still get a double dot as I discovered

https://youtube.com/shorts/cKPD6KxDHsQ?feature=share

It’s just a trade off I take for the best reliability on the market. Hwansik said his main SRo is 180,000 rounds now without an issue.

As @JCS said, there's no perfect optic. The SRO, Acro, and 509t2 all seem to be durable enough for high round counts. Because of its window size, the SRO is my preferred competition optic, despite its crappy glass and double-dot issue. For carry, I wouldn't choose one.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    There’s not anything out there that’s a perfect solution. @JCN made a cover for his with one of those stone bridgegunworks covers.

It’s just a trade off I take for the best reliability on the market. Hwansik said his main SRo is 180,000 rounds now without an issue.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    As @JCS said, there's no perfect optic. The SRO, Acro, and 509t2 all seem to be durable enough for high round counts. Because of its window size, the SRO is my preferred competition optic, despite its crappy glass and double-dot issue. For carry, I wouldn't choose one.
    What minute dot are you using in you SRO?

In three seasons I have a cumulative round total just over approximately 33K on the same SRO (2.5). Most of the round count has been accumulated in USPSA matches, Steel Challenge, and range time. One week in a Gunsite 499 where the optic saw a bit of abuse (racking off holster, rolling in gravel, etc). 27 USPSA and 25 Steel Challenge matches.

One battery change.

One issue this past July- Mounting screws for optic-to-plate loosened a smidge at around the 30K round count, removed and replaced with fresh fasteners and appropriate Loctite, and had a perfect RTZ. This occurred sometime during the 2022 USPSA state championship, which was in 95-100º temperatures, and at times the pistol was quite hot. It didn't degrade practical accuracy to any notable degree, but I could feel the optic move a tiny bit if I wrenched on it by hand.

I feel it has proven to be fully reliable for my specific needs.

User Tag List