Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Trijicon SRO--Anyone else had problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Purchased an 2.5 MOA SRO on 5/9/23; SN 867##. Mounted it to a Glock 47 MOS. Dry fired probably a hounded rounds before heading to the range. Fired 100 rounds of 124 grain S&B to zero and begin vetting. Gun then got shelved for 4 months except for occasional dry fire while I focused on my DW’s.

Last week I took it out of the safe for more dry fire practice. The reticle shut off and would not come back on after just the 3rd dry fire. I loosened and then tightened down the battery cap but the reticle was still dead. I swapped out the battery and the reticle came back on for 5 or 6 dry fires before permanently dying again.
    If it was a Duracell, make sure you have scraped off the bitterant coating- had precisely the same issues on multiple SRO’s until I figured that out. I hit the batteries with purple Scotchbrite to solve. New production Duracells supposedly have adjusted this to be compatible with Apple tracking devices which have the same problem, but I don’t trust them without the scotchbrite treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    If it was a Duracell, make sure you have scraped off the bitterant coating- had precisely the same issues on multiple SRO’s until I figured that out. I hit the batteries with purple Scotchbrite to solve. New production Duracells supposedly have adjusted this to be compatible with Apple tracking devices which have the same problem, but I don’t trust them without the scotchbrite treatment.
    Scrubbed with woolite…still broke. Trijicon sending me a return label.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Scrubbed with woolite…still broke. Trijicon sending me a return label.
    I ran into an issue where the LED was adjusting strangely as well and starting adjusting brightness from high to low after locking.

I notified Trijicon and shipped it in. It took a number of weeks (on the eve of their releasing the RMR HD and RCR) and they replaced it no questions asked.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Got a series of emails from Trijicon that they are replacing my SRO. One of the emails is the UPS tracking label.

It arrived today and was promptly mounted. Interestingly, the new unit came with a plastic SBO batter removal tool. Although nowhere near the quality of the aftermarket SRO Tool, but is reasonably functional and capable of removing the cap without mucking it up.

User Tag List