Thread: Safely Reducing Trigger Reach in Glocks

Safely Reducing Trigger Reach in Glocks

As the title says, I'd like to safely - as in, not deactivate any factory safety - reduce trigger reach in a standard frame Glock. I have little experience with aftermarket triggers and have only used an APEX, which I perceived to have a slightly longer reach than OEM. I would prefer not to go the grip reduction route at this time.

So, is there an aftermarket trigger which accomplishes this?

Not that I've seen. Maybe someone else will chime in. For my wife, I don't see that it's even possible physically.

My wife's hands are so small that to get her finger on the trigger of a G19, the gun is recoiling through the middle phalanx.

The solution for my wife was to go with an HK VP9 or Walther PPQ. (I also think a CZ P10 or IWI Masada would work.)

Site Supporter
    Check out the Overwatch Precision PolyDAT. It reduces pull and reach. It was my last resort in fixing my "shoots left" issue, which it did.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Check out the Overwatch Precision PolyDAT. It reduces pull and reach. It was my last resort in fixing my "shoots left" issue, which it did.

Chris
    I have this trigger in my USPSA G19.5.

I like it a lot. My hands are size M and so don’t use a backstrap addition. I find the press much more predictable than the factory trigger. The use of a factory trigger bar was a plus for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    We tried different sized guns to find something that works for my wife’s small hands. She picked the G42 as something she could run, that was small enough to carry when she does decide to do that, with recoil she can manage without discomfort.

I think if I needed a smaller grip circumference than a standard frame gen 5 with no back straps, I’d look at a 43x/48 b/c I’m not excited about using an aftermarket trigger in a Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    [broken record]All aftermarket triggers use an OEM trigger-bar because, to the best of my knowledge, there isn't a source for an aftermarket one. Also, the use of an OEM trigger-bar in an aftermarket trigger, despite claims to the contrary by the people selling them, has exactly ZERO to do with whether or not that trigger maintains, defeats, or degrades any of the safety features of the Glock Safe Action System.[/broken record]
    Tom, would the test you described to me, where you look in the mag well and press the trigger but not the trigger tab and see if the trigger bar is pushing on the firing pin safety be a good way if assessing if reduced Pre travel is an issue with that particular installation?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    [broken record]All aftermarket triggers use an OEM trigger-bar because, to the best of my knowledge, there isn't a source for an aftermarket one. Also, the use of an OEM trigger-bar in an aftermarket trigger, despite claims to the contrary by the people selling them, has exactly ZERO to do with whether or not that trigger maintains, defeats, or degrades any of the safety features of the Glock Safe Action System.[/broken record]
    I was typing my post thinking I’d heard you say that before but forgot to tag you in the post. Thanks for clarifying Tom.

Carry Glock = Factory Parts + SCD.

Game Glock = Overwatch Trigger + Plus Purposeful Reholstering.

Having said that I’m taking a class next April w my G19. I may grab another SCD and put the oem Trigger back in for the class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List