Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AAR: ShivWorks ECQC, Leesburg, FL October 11-13

I need to take this class. I'm jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I think Craig has espoused the goal as "...give every student the empty-hand skills of an MMA fighter, the firearm skills of a USPSA grand master, and the verbal agility of a stand-up comic."

What I'm saying rules out using a good "tape loop"... rather, after you see a couple of engagements that get "stuck", it might be a clue that practicing listening/talking might be a good thing. If you can talk to the waitress/barista/etc and hold a conversation, aka "Sport MUC", then you might develop the verbal agility to handle MUC in general...
    BTW - I meant to say "What I'm saying doesn't rule out using a good tape loop"...

One thing this class taught me was how lacking in verbal communication I am. I can hold conversations pretty well but I’m generally a quiet person and rarely initiate conversations. Being able to “feed” instead of staying quiet and being in the constant recieving end of a conversation with an encroaching stranger is one of the things I will have to work on after this course. The ground karate and shooting people in the taint with sim rounds is the main event of ECQC but I really, really enjoyed the MUC block of instruction more than anything. I’ve read articles on MUC but it’s a different animal once you’re doing all of the stuff Craig teaches while trying not to get sucker punched.

https://homeguntraining.files.wordpr...sncontacts.pdf

Oh and bless that tree for making such a great shade for those two days

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    One thing this class taught me was how lacking in verbal communication I am. I can hold conversations pretty well but I’m generally a quiet person and rarely initiate conversations. Being able to “feed” instead of staying quiet and being in the constant recieving end of a conversation with an encroaching stranger is one of the things I will have to work on after this course. The ground karate and shooting people in the taint with sim rounds is the main event of ECQC but I really, really enjoyed the MUC block of instruction more than anything. I’ve read articles on MUC but it’s a different animal once you’re doing all of the stuff Craig teaches while trying not to get sucker punched.

https://homeguntraining.files.wordpr...sncontacts.pdf

Oh and bless that tree for making such a great shade for those two days
    That's a great link!

User Tag List