Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Springfield Hellcat

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Pardon my ignorance of the various versions, as frankly I have skipped over anything to do with them. His did not have a grip safety. Plus no grip zone (I was slightly bummed about no grip zone deal, as I was going to trash talk him ruthlessly about this, when he told me he had an XD while we were planning to go to the range) I know he has under a K through it, so who knows what will happen long term.
    That might explain it.

There are only 2 SA polymer pistols which don't have grip safeties, The Hell cat, a striker fired P365 competitor which is not part of the XD line, and the XD-E which is a DA/SA single stack which SA calls an XD for marketing purposes but which is not really part of the HS2000 / XD design lineage.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/h...pact-handguns/

https://www.springfield-armory.com/h...pact-handguns/

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    ...and a gun from a company that has worked to undermine the 2nd amendment.
    Not this shit again. Haven’t they done enough to show that was a severe error in judgement by a person no longer associated with the company?

To the post: The friend I referred to upthread still hasn’t bought a pistol, and is currently leaning to a G26. But, the addition of a manual safety RDS ready Hellcat may be enough to sway him. I do know I was rather impressed with the Hellcat I shot.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

That single stack Hellcat is the one.

I could not find a single negative thing about it during our range trip. I was quite surprised at the accuracy.

@BehindBlueI's

Didn't your PD ban these from use by officers? Is there any update on that?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    @BehindBlueI's

Didn't your PD ban these from use by officers? Is there any update on that?
    Yes to ban, and no to the update. Our range staff was told to not dedicate any more resources into it for the foreseeable future.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Not this shit again. Haven’t they done enough to show that was a severe error in judgement by a person no longer associated with the company?

To the post: The friend I referred to upthread still hasn’t bought a pistol, and is currently leaning to a G26. But, the addition of a manual safety RDS ready Hellcat may be enough to sway him. I do know I was rather impressed with the Hellcat I shot.
    Could you post a link to back that up? I'm open minded. Last I checked Springfield used their lobbyists to write/support a bill that eliminated all potential future competition, i.e. all firearms manufacturers besides them and RRA, in the state of Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Could you post a link to back that up? I'm open minded. Last I checked Springfield used their lobbyists to write/support a bill that eliminated all potential future competition, i.e. all firearms manufacturers besides them and RRA, in the state of Illinois.
    One example: https://bearingarms.com/bobowens-bea...ing-act-n29803

I was an Illinois resident at the time, and IIRC the witch hunt was led by one particular local nut.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Yes to ban, and no to the update. Our range staff was told to not dedicate any more resources into it for the foreseeable future.
    Sorry if this has been covered, but they banned the Hellcat? Any idea why? Genuinely curious, as I was looking at getting 1 to test out and this might save me money lol

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered, but they banned the Hellcat? Any idea why? Genuinely curious, as I was looking at getting 1 to test out and this might save me money lol
    Prior thread covering it:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-my-department

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Thank you sir, much appreciated!

User Tag List