Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield Hellcat

Springfield Hellcat

Anybody get there hands on the new 9mm Hellcat?

Shot mine for the first time today. Snappy in my old arthritic hand, but excellent shooter. Really liked my 124 gr HST’s.
    Consistent and robust ejection. Had to drift rear sight a tad for proper windage, and that put the sight dead center on the slide. Elevation just right at the range at which I was shooting, 7 yards.
    Next comes mags and Kydex.
    Skip

Awesome. I have been looking for one near me to try but no luck yet.

QUOTE=skipper49;942602]Shot mine for the first time today. Snappy in my old arthritic hand, but excellent shooter. Really liked my 124 gr HST’s.
    Consistent and robust ejection. Had to drift rear sight a tad for proper windage, and that put the sight dead center on the slide. Elevation just right at the range at which I was shooting, 7 yards.
    Next comes mags and Kydex.
    Skip[/QUOTE]

Handled one at range shop this morning. OK, but wasn't wowed. Trigger on this sample wasn't as nice as either the G43X or P365XL I was comparing it with, but it will likely smooth out some. I'd say if you buy it, do so because you like it, not because it holds an extra round (compared to the standard P365).

Last edited by 41magfan; 11-14-2019 at 12:18 PM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

I saw that thank you. I ended up buying the osp version two weeks ago. Took it out and ran 200 flawless rounds through it. 115,125,147 grain. Hardball and hollow point. I like the sights I seem to acquire them fast. Good crisp trigger. Good capacity. Great feel in the hand. Just got two extra mags for it looking to get out with it this weekend again.

Hammertime
    Held one at the LGS today. Really liked it. Trigger felt pretty heavy but actually measures 6 lbs. Take up, heavy wall and break.

Nice ergonomics, seems well built, and kind of mind blowing to see that many rounds in such a small package.

Bumping this to see if anyone around here knows of any objective reviews of this gun. A friend is looking at the Hellcat and I don’t have any info on it that I feel comes from a source that did actual testing.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

The optic model looks really good.

User Tag List