Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: crossing guard guns confiscated after overheard statement

Things like this reinforce my decision to move to NH instead of MA.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Seems to me like the law is working as intended. Scary times indeed.
    Last edited by Mike C; 10-14-2019 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    It’s frightening that a US citizen’s constitutional rights can be revoked because of something someone thought they overheard.
    I learned long ago to beware those who overhear or eavesdrop. I was the subject of an internal affairs investigation for a private conversation with another agent in which it was alleged that certain inappropriate language was used and found offensive by the eavesdropping party. I only wish that I was making this shit up.

(The allegation was found to be groundless and baseless. Of course, her spouse was an NSA station chief...so it sorta makes sense in a way. A bad way.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Stephen Nichols, 84, of Tisbury, who said his career with the Tisbury Police spanned six decades and who served in the United States Army during the Korean War, told The Times he made no threats to the school, but had criticized its school resource officer in a conversation with a friend. He said the conversation was taken out of context.
    If the above quote from the story is accurate, action has taken place against the wrong party!

Nichols said he was unimpressed with the Tisbury School resource officer’s alleged trips to Xtra Mart to get coffee when children came to school in the morning.
    Last edited by JohnO; 10-14-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    It's Massachusetts.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

He’s been reinstated.

https://www.mvtimes.com/2019/10/14/s...rossing-guard/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    It's Massachusetts.
    And, likely expanding to more locations soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Thanks for finding that. I don't usually say this, but some of the comments in the comment section of the article are golden.

When one person says that the crossing guard had no business gossiping at Linda Jean’s(the restaurant) to third party, someone else responded: "You must not eat there often, Linda Jeans makes 90% of their profits off gossiping old Islanders."

But no news on the return of the guns. According to the story:

"Nichols said the waitress made a complaint to Tisbury Police about what she overheard and on the strength of that, Police Chief Saloio and another officer relieved Nichols of his crossing guard duties while he was in the midst of performing them and subsequently drove to his home and took away his firearms license and guns.

“He came up and told me what I said was a felony but he wasn’t going to charge me,” Nichols said of Saloio.

What he said was absolutely not a felony. He made no threats.

I think the police stepped on their dicks big time with this. It seems like the chief was mad at the guy for voicing his opinion and making his force looked bad, overstepped his bounds by removing the guy's firearm permit and guns without cause, but did not consider the public outrage and the possibility that this could go viral.
    Last edited by Ed L; 10-14-2019 at 10:31 PM.

If it wasn't for Kyle posting the Columbus Day reinstatement article this entire event reminds me of a Gestapo like tactics out of Nazi Germany, in the old movies. Fortunately people in Nichol's community still care and acted appropriately for his sake.
    Last edited by SD; 10-15-2019 at 08:23 AM.

Over the last few decades, it seems that our culture in the United States has fostered and promoted a policy of turning in our coworkers and neighbors for anything that we may personally find objectionable as opposed to a matter of public safety or a serious violation of law.

We've gone from "only you can prevent forest fires" and turning in "America's Most Wanted" to torching everyone and everything in sight.

#metoo #PatriotAct #WhatConstitutionalRights ?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List