Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Polish National Police select Beretta APX

Polish National Police select Beretta APX

As their new service handgun. I like the APX, and think that it will serve the Polish police well.

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/10/11...olice-contract

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

also a fan of the APX although 2 grievances that I do think may limit effectiveness in heavy use

1. trigger return spring feels weak. wimpy TRS in any pistol just bugs me. while I dont put much stock in MAC’s torture tests, with the APX he quickly has to manually reset the trigger. I worry that debris especially sand will be an issue. I have no personal data on this just speculation.

2. slide serrations look cool but not very functional

I like my APX ok but will probably sell it this year or next. It’s a fine pistol but I just don’t find it has any real advantage over the Glock.

I did find the article interesting in that it says the Glock that competed was the Gen 3...??

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I like my APX ok but will probably sell it this year or next. It’s a fine pistol but I just don’t find it has any real advantage over the Glock.
    This is the only reason I don’t own an APX. They are fugly but shoot great.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I did some testing with the APX. The one thing that I liked which I thought was an improvement over other polymer service pistols was the slide. It's probably the best surface for racking while muddy, bloody or otherwise floody that I have used, while still managing to be non-abrasive.

And I did find it to be a shooter, all right.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I did some testing with the APX. The one thing that I liked which I thought was an improvement over other polymer service pistols was the slide. It's probably the best surface for racking while muddy, bloody or otherwise floody that I have used, while still managing to be non-abrasive.

And I did find it to be a shooter, all right.
    I liked the one I shot quite well. SCD keeps me leaning to the Glock world for striker fired guns, but I liked the APX if I wasn’t going to worry about that, or if someone came up with a way to positively lock the striker on the APX.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I liked the one I shot quite well. SCD keeps me leaning to the Glock world for striker fired guns, but I liked the APX if I wasn’t going to worry about that, or if someone came up with a way to positively lock the striker on the APX.
    Beretta is apparently going to release a thumb safety conversion kit soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Squib308 View Post
    also a fan of the APX although 2 grievances that I do think may limit effectiveness in heavy use

1. trigger return spring feels weak. wimpy TRS in any pistol just bugs me. while I dont put much stock in MAC’s torture tests, with the APX he quickly has to manually reset the trigger. I worry that debris especially sand will be an issue. I have no personal data on this just speculation.

2. slide serrations look cool but not very functional
    Not that I'm biased, but MAC is a fucking hack who intentionally sets guns up for failure and then cries about it when manufacturers don't want to give him stuff for free.

Also, I've found the slide serrations to actually be quite useful for manipulations under less than optimal conditions. In shooting both the APX RDO and the Centurion extensively, I've not had any issues with the TRS or the slide.

Disclosure: Beretta sent me three APXs and a grip of magazines for free. I liked them so much I actually bought a fourth APX with my own money.
    Last edited by jetfire; 10-15-2019 at 03:17 AM.

Hopefully this gun will continue to gain traction. The big disadvantage for me to GLOCK, as well as the M&P and P320 is the aftermarket support.

I do really like that you can just order the manual safety kit from the BUSA online store. I don't know of any major brand striker fired pistol where the end user can customize this on their own and just get the parts easily from the manufacturer. The M2.0 can be switched to manual safety or no safety as well, but S&W doesn't support the end user to install their own manual safety and wouldn't sell me the parts or provide this service. The P320 apparently needs to have the FCU milled to accept a manual safety and doesn't seem to be something you can readily convert back and forth on your own.

Unfortunately, the grip feels really small on the APX even with the large backstrap. I traded mine in for something else.

User Tag List