Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Ft. Worth Police Officer Shoots Woman Through Her Window

Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    Lights, video, and window films. 3M makes some excellent forced entry and privacy films that will keep people from seeing inside and slow them down if smashing glass to gain entry.
    Sorry, what is a window film and how does it slow them down?

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Sorry, what is a window film and how does it slow them down?
    Come on, google is your friend with inquiries like this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=secu...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Holds the glass together. As something related, in Dave Spaulding's car class, we shot at the side windows of a car. The expectation was that the side windows might just devolved into little pieces. However, if there was a sun screen film on the window, it held together with a hole in it. You could peel it out easy enough but the glass didn't just vanish.

Come on, google is your friend with inquiries like this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=secu...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    Dude I'm lazy, duh!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Holds the glass together. As something related, in Dave Spaulding's car class, we shot at the side windows of a car. The expectation was that the side windows might just devolved into little pieces. However, if there was a sun screen film on the window, it held together with a hole in it. You could peel it out easy enough but the glass didn't just vanish.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Zincwarrior; 10-17-2019 at 01:27 PM.

The optics on this one are just shit.

I can’t say I really fault the victim in this for grabbing her piece, likely believing she was about to need to repel boarders.
    I know the collective here views her actions as sub-optimal but if things unfolded like the nephew stated I can’t say I could fault her.

We tend to forget we’re still the minority of the gun-owning community. We might have plans for an incident such as this (grab the gun plus kid and de-ass the room to call 911) but most don’t. Even if she had done that, who’s to say the end result would’ve been much better if this officer came around to whatever section they had moved to and she hadn’t yet found out it was the police outside?

This was a tragic shit sandwich at the end of the day.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    ^^^^^^
    So much yup..

pat

Student

Aaron Dean’s Attorneys Call For New Trial Over Possible Jury Misconduct

(KURV 710 NewsTalk)
    File photo: Aaron Dean stands with his defense team as the jury leaves the 396th District Court to start its deliberations on Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2022, in Fort Worth, Texas. Amanda McCoy/Star-Telegram via AP, Pool)

Aaron Dean’s attorneys are calling for an investigation into possible jury misconduct during Dean’s murder trial. The jury convicted the former Fort Worth police officer of manslaughter last month and sentenced him to nearly 12 years in prison for killing Atatiana Jefferson in 2019.

A juror may have made a social media post during punishment deliberations asking for suggestions for Dean’s sentence. Dean’s defense team has filed court documents indicating they believe he deserves a new trial as a result.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
    Lights, video, and window films. 3M makes some excellent forced entry and privacy films that will keep people from seeing inside and slow them down if smashing glass to gain entry.
    I realize this is an old post, but I had a question about window film. I looked into this for my house, and was told by a glass!window company to avoid it, because when sunlight hits a double pane window with window film, the differing expansion and contraction rates can cause the window to break.

Any thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I realize this is an old post, but I had a question about window film. I looked into this for my house, and was told by a glass!window company to avoid it, because when sunlight hits a double pane window with window film, the differing expansion and contraction rates can cause the window to break.

Any thoughts on this?
    Not an expert, so just FWIW: I have heard that about the 'Low-E' window films that are blocking infrared radiation to help with energy efficiency - blocking that on the inside might well cause the window temp to rise.

The 'armor' films that keep a window intact so it's hard to kick through might not have the same effect, if they are transparent to infrared.

Of course, a film might try to do both.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I hope this one gets more than 10 years.
    He did. Almost 12 years.
    https://www.texastribune.org/2022/12...erson-killing/

User Tag List