Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Ft. Worth Police Officer Shoots Woman Through Her Window

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    But no-knocks are typically for dope. Were those people you listed criminals or law abiding citizens and LE hot the wrong address? If LE were to ever accidentally hit my place it would be very bad because I would believe it was a home invasion crew masquerading as LE.

I haven’t looked for the video - I’m sure it’s in the LE deadly force thread. Someone posted body camera of a cop responding to a home alarm. Owner raised a gun at the cop outside the front door and was shot. This was not that long again. Luckily I think the resident lived. He apparently did not know the alarm had been triggered.
    Here's one, but it wasn't an accident. The Houston cops flat out lied and the homeowners and their dog were shot and killed.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opi...n-13622823.php

But no-knocks are typically for dope. Were those people you listed criminals or law abiding citizens and LE hot the wrong address?
    The first was a 92 year old woman not involved in drugs. She shot once with a revolver before being killed, the family won millions.

The next guy was a recreational pot smoker who was essentially swatted. He served 10 years for killing the officer through his door.

The next guy was a small time pot/coke dealer living at home with parents.

The last guy had paraphernalia, but no drugs. I believe 5 years later he's still on trial for capital murder (he shot a swat officer in the face as he was climbing through a window unannounced).
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 10-14-2019 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Here's one, but it wasn't an accident. The Houston cops flat out lied and the homeowners and their dog were shot and killed.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opi...n-13622823.php
    I’m aware of that one. I wasn’t saying it doesn’t happen. Just curious about the ones Oddlot posted.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    All I can say is: Hooray for body cams. Not terribly long ago, the shooter would have been able to say that he did identify himself, he waited a reasonable amount of time, the resident pointed a gun at him and he, regretfully, had to shoot.

Not this time.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    All I can say is: Hooray for body cams. Not terribly long ago, the shooter would have been able to say that he did identify himself, he waited a reasonable amount of time, the resident pointed a gun at him and he, regretfully, had to shoot.

Not this time.
    And the thin blue liners would have heralded him a hero who feared for his life and was just trying to get home to his family.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Some no knock raids where the homeowner fired at what they thought was an intruder. None went well for the homeowner:

Kathryn Johnston
    Ryan Frederick
    Tyler Harrell
    Martin Louis Guy
    The first was a 92 year old woman not involved in drugs. She shot once with a revolver before being killed, the family won millions.

The next guy was a recreational pot smoker who was essentially swatted. He served 10 years for killing the officer through his door.

The last guy had paraphernalia, but no drugs. I believe 5 years later he's still on trial for capital murder (he shot a swat officer in the face as he was climbing through a window unannounced).
    A “no knock” search warrant has nothing in common with this incident. Even during a “no knock”, officers are loudly announcing themselves and their purpose for being there, usually there are blue lights flashing, etc.

Kathryn Johnston— The “officers” were dirty and were liars. They went to prison, and are a disgrace to the profession.

Ryan Frederick- Shot an officer through a closed door. Did not identify his target (people here are generally big on that, unless it’s a citizen shooting a police officer during a “no knock” warrant, apparently). Prohibited by federal law from possessing a firearm.

Tyler Harrell— Fired approximately 20 rounds from a rifle, apparently into darkness, not identifying his target. Multiple witnesses reported hearing the SWAT team repeatedly announce themselves. Also prohibited by federal law from possessing a firearm.

Martin Louis Guy— prohibited by federal law from possessing a firearm.

Also, I’m a little surprised by some of the anti-LE comments (calling for consent decrees, “thank God for body cameras”, “thin blue liners”, etc). P-F is better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    And the thin blue liners would have heralded him a hero who feared for his life and was just trying to get home to his family.
    Are you talking about this site? I haven’t seen that here. Maybe it’s the nuances of the internet but I’m picking up an anti-LE vibe from you.

And this is why when I write a search warrant affidavit I’m very careful and verify the information in multiple ways. It’s also why if we use a tactical team I provide them pics and the address and am present at the briefing and op.

Officer has been arrested and charged w murder.
    https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/10/14/...ana-jefferson/
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Prior to Guyger, I'd have thought over-charging but Texas' Murder statute is different.

The speed of the final act depicted combined with the released BWC video ending right after the shot leads me away from thinking it was an intentional act.

Professionally, I'm very curious about what was taught in the academy and field training about handling check the welfare calls. Equally, I want to know what his shift's pattern & practice is for those calls.

Weekend nights? Generally, junior cops and junior sergeants - generally.

Are you talking about this site? I haven’t seen that here.
    No, but that's a fairly normal response after police shootings especially places like Facebook.

Maybe it’s the nuances of the internet but I’m picking up an anti-LE vibe from you.
    I'm not anti LE at all, but I find it reprehensible that we have people being murdered in their own home by the police and people defending it, not here though. When I refer to thin blue liners I'm talking about the people who give them a free pass no matter what. Like the people that wore the "Breathe Easy" shirts after Eric Garner died. Even if he had been a complete dirt bag, it was in extremely poor taste for anyone including LE to wear that shirt. Think of the outrage if someone made shirts mocking a cop, like say, Deputy Dinkheller who was killed in the line of duty.

I and many others do find the whole thin blue line thing to be cringey af, and I mean as cringey as anything that we see from the threeper/sheepdog/sovereign citizen movement. I'm sure the guy that first uttered those words never imagined that it would turn into such a gag worthy saying as it is now. I mean, I've seen the thin blue line american flag over the punisher logo. How retarded is that? Are you a police officer who serves and protects his community or are you Frank Castle who straight up murders the fuck out of people who've wronged him?
    Attachment 43652

User Tag List