Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Ft. Worth Police Officer Shoots Woman Through Her Window

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    All these tantalizing crumbs, and no book yet?

Or would a book-length screed get you sued by the guilty?
    A book isn't in my future. More fun to break out a story every now and again...especially when germane.

This event took place roughly 35 years ago in the mid 80's. Who even knows who's alive anymore?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/14/u...gtype=Homepage

Just saw it, if not already posted.

Angry

This is wrong in so many degrees and shows low IQ level in some officers.

The cop shot through the window inside a residence.
    He didn't identify himself.
    He didn't give enough time for reaction.
    He didn't think the person inside could be the resident.
    He didn't think the person inside probably couldn't hear him.
    He didn't see a threat/weapon through the glass.

All that in few seconds.
    Even if he identified himself as a cop, there's not enough time for anyone to react in few seconds before he shot.
    Even if it were a burglar, there was no need to shoot unless it was a threat.
    This stupid cop shot through the glass when he saw movement.
    There will be movement inside a residence, it's not a morgue.
    Hope he goes in jail for long time.
    She got killed in her own home in front of her young nephew without any reason.
    This cop didn't even give her a chance to even see who was outside flashing the light.
    Shot and killed within few seconds. No time to react, no time to talk, nothing...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    A “no knock” search warrant has nothing in common with this incident. Even during a “no knock”, officers are loudly announcing themselves and their purpose for being there, usually there are blue lights flashing, etc.

Kathryn Johnston— The “officers” were dirty and were liars. They went to prison, and are a disgrace to the profession.

Ryan Frederick- Shot an officer through a closed door. Did not identify his target (people here are generally big on that, unless it’s a citizen shooting a police officer during a “no knock” warrant, apparently). Prohibited by federal law from possessing a firearm.

Tyler Harrell— Fired approximately 20 rounds from a rifle, apparently into darkness, not identifying his target. Multiple witnesses reported hearing the SWAT team repeatedly announce themselves. Also prohibited by federal law from possessing a firearm.

Martin Louis Guy— prohibited by federal law from possessing a firearm.

Also, I’m a little surprised by some of the anti-LE comments (calling for consent decrees, “thank God for body cameras”, “thin blue liners”, etc). P-F is better than that.
    Not to mention the fact that Body Cams exonerate Officer so frequently that defense attorneys are now the one trying to suppress body cam footage in most instances.

Unfortunately I am not at all supervised by the anti-LE comments.

I haven’t seen any LE in this thread defend the officers action or say anything other than the officer was wrong. That combined with the FWPD dealing with this forthrightly leaves the anti LE folks here nothing to complain about so we see strawman arguments like Amber Guyger and no-knock warrants to keep the bloodlust up.
    Last edited by HCM; 10-14-2019 at 10:48 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    This is wrong in so many degrees and shows low IQ level in some officers.

The cop shot through the window inside a residence.
    He didn't identify himself.
    He didn't give enough time for reaction.
    He didn't think the person inside could be the resident.
    He didn't think the person inside probably couldn't hear him.
    He didn't see a threat/weapon through the glass.

All that in few seconds.
    Even if he identified himself as a cop, there's not enough time for anyone to react in few seconds before he shot.
    Even if it were a burglar, there was no need to shoot unless it was a threat.
    This stupid cop shot through the glass when he saw movement.
    There will be movement inside a residence, it's not a morgue.
    Hope he goes in jail for long time.
    She got killed in her own home in front of her young nephew without any reason.
    This cop didn't even give her a chance to even see who was outside flashing the light.
    Shot and killed within few seconds. No time to react, no time to talk, nothing...
    Have you been in a life or death situation ?

Have you been in a physical fight as an adult ?

Have you ever had a gun pointed at you?

Have you ever pointed a gun at someone else?

People in this thread who can answer yes to all those questions and have stood in that officers shoes have already made the same points you did without the condescension.

Unless you can answer yes to some of those questions you may want to consider whether you have an adequate frame of reference to be throwing stones.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Have you been in a life or death situation ?

Have you been in a physical fight as an adult ?

Have you ever had a gun pointed at you?

Have you ever pointed a gun at someone else?

People in this thread who can answer yes to all those questions and have stood in that officers shoes have already made the same points you did without the condescension.

Unless you can answer yes to some of those questions you may want to consider whether you have an adequate frame of reference to be throwing stones.
    Doesn't matter whether I qualify or not.
    Also there was no life and death situation here. There was a life that turned to death by thos cop's actions.

He's charged with murder not because I posted here.
    PD decided to fire him before he resigned.
    I assume PD deals with life and death situation so their opinion matters?
    Actions like these give bad name to cops.
    When we award good cops for doing good things, we should also punish bad actions.
    If cops like that come to my home at 2am, I'd be also shot even before realizing what's happening.

Your questions don't make sense.
    It's like asking a normal person to fly a space shuttle because he commented that astronaut didn't fly it good.

Edit: I didn't read 11 pages of replies so most probably everything I wrote was mentioned.
    Last edited by Mystery; 10-14-2019 at 11:17 PM.

Site Supporter
    With Guyger we said she fucked up. This man did too. Other than that, we have few details. Since the officer resigned, we will know even less. My wife asked me what I thought. I said my guess is he had a negligent discharge. She said. You mean like the time you shot a hole in your truck door while driving to Mississippi. I said that's right. She asked. Why didn't the cop have his safety thing on? I replied that if the pistol was a Glock, then it ain't got a safety thing, and she asked if my pistol had a safety thing, and I said it has two. Then she told me in Spanish that I was a dumb ass.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    Doesn't matter whether I qualify or not.
    Also there was no life and death situation here. There was a life that turned to death by thos cop's actions.

He's charged with murder not because I posted here.
    PD decided to fire him before he resigned.
    I assume PD deals with life and death situation so their opinion matters?
    Actions like these give bad name to cops.
    When we award good cops for doing good things, we should also punish bad actions.
    If cops like that come to my home at 2am, I'd be also shot even before realizing what's happening.

Your questions don't make sense.
    It's like asking a normal person to fly a space shuttle because he commented that astronaut didn't fly it good.

Edit: I didn't read 11 pages of replies so most probably everything I wrote was mentioned.
    I not saying you are a bad person but you very much You don’t know what you don’t know. Your assertion that this was not a life and death situation is an example. Any unknown situation on duty is a potential life or death situation.

This understanding that unknown or “routine” can suddenly be life or death situations are not unique to law enforcement, but in modern life it tends to be limited to a few professions and subcultures (medical, military, fire, jobs at sea, etc).

Your assertion that this happened because “cops are stupid” also highlights you not knowing what you don’t know.

The officer is a Rookie cop working midnights. Have you ever worked midnights ? I can tell you it is unnatural, takes a physical toll in the body gets harder as you get older. Add in family issues interrupting sleep and officers working side jobs to make ends meet and deprivation is common. Are you familiar with the cognitive effects of sleep deprivation ? It can be the equivalent of being legally drunk. This is just one of many factors you are unaware of that are in play here.

Do your local police or sheriffs have a citizens academy? Many agencies do and they usually incorporate scenario based training with simmuntions or on a video trainer like FATS. Try it and let me know how easy it is.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I not saying you are a bad person but you very much You don’t know what you don’t know. Your assertion that this was not a life and death situation is an example. Any unknown situation on duty is a potential life or death situation.

This understanding that unknown or “routine” can suddenly be life or death situations are not unique to law enforcement, but in modern life it tends to be limited to a few professions and subcultures (medical, military, fire, jobs at sea, etc).

Your assertion that this happened because “cops are stupid” also highlights you not knowing what you don’t know.

The officer is a Rookie cop working midnights. Have you ever worked midnights ? I can tell you it is unnatural, takes a physical toll in the body gets harder as you get older. Add in family issues interrupting sleep and officers working side jobs to make ends meet and deprivation is common. Are you familiar with the cognitive effects of sleep deprivation ? It can be the equivalent of being legally drunk. This is just one of many factors you are unaware of that are in play here.

Do your local police or sheriffs have a citizens academy? Many agencies do and they usually incorporate scenario based training with simmuntions or on a video trainer like FATS. Try it and let me know how easy it is.
    I never said "cops are stupid".
    I said this cop was stupid because he pulled trigger too soon.
    I'm not gonna try to be in dangerous situation.
    I'm not trained nor it's my job.
    We expect better from trained professionals.
    Just because you have a dangerous job, doesn't mean that's your defense to kill innocent people.
    Working at night is for safety and security, not to end up in this tragic situation.
    If sleep deprivation and side jobs lead to doing just the opposite of serve and protect, we are in a shit hole.
    That's not a defense "Oops I killed you because I'm tired or scared".
    Anyway, there are people who always defend cops, there are people who always blame cops and there are some who want cops to be accountable for their actions, good or bad.
    As you see, these situations take the spotlight and as long as PD defends these actions, people lose trust.

Let's see what happens.
    No reason spending too much time here.
    Don't defend blindly and don't blame blindly.

Site Supporter
    From every singe angle, this is a giant shitshow.

User Tag List