Thread: Proposed Magazine Capacity Restriction in NM

Proposed Magazine Capacity Restriction in NM

I saw this in an email from the range I’m a member of. A state representative just introduced this bill in the NM Legislature. It would criminalize possession and transfer of magazines capable of holding 10 OR MORE rounds of ammunition, so a capacity limit of 9 rounds. Talk about an arbitrary limit. Most popular semi-autos have capacities of at least 10 rounds these days. The usual LE exemptions are present and there’s an exemption for people visiting from other states for the purpose of shooting competitions. Time to write the state reps and ask them to vote against the bill. Hopefully this one dies on the vine.

@JodyH @JRB @breakingtime91 @UNM1136
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I saw this in an email from the range I’m a member of. A state representative just introduced this bill in the NM Legislature. It would criminalize possession and transfer of magazines capable of holding 10 OR MORE rounds of ammunition, so a capacity limit of 9 rounds. Talk about an arbitrary limit. Most popular semi-autos have capacities of at least 10 rounds these days. The usual LE exemptions are present and there’s an exemption for people visiting from other states for the purpose of shooting competitions. Time to write the state reps and ask them to vote against the bill. Hopefully this one dies on the vine.

Man they went all in, including fourth degree felony status for even owning them.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Man they went all in, including fourth degree felony status for even owning them.
    Yeah. It’s completely ridiculous. Practically every gun owner in the state would instantly become a felon.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Yeah. It’s completely ridiculous. Practically every gun owner in the state would instantly become a felon.
    Ya I don't think it will pass for that reason. It's a feel good measure. New Mexicans own more guns per capita than our western neighbors (texans) by a small margin. I think even democrats here usually own some type of firearm and I strongly believe in at least my area the sherrifs wouldn't enforce.

Site Supporter

The proposed bills are kind of like that old anyone can sue anybody for anything, regardless of whether or not, there’s any merit.

In this case, any a*****e can propose any bill, but it doesn’t mean it has any likelihood of passing, or that it would be constitutional if it was passed.

NM is a blue state. Senate is 64% dems and house is 61% dems. They have a dem governor.

I wouldn't put any bets on that one.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    NM is a blue state. Senate is 64% dems and house is 61% dems.

I wouldn't put any bets on that one.
    It has been for a really long time.. this isn't the first time they've tried honestly.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    This is in General Discussion, not politics. Keep on the specific topic, please.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List