Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ft. Worth Police Officer Shoots Woman Through Her Window

Site Supporter

Ft. Worth Police Officer Shoots Woman Through Her Window

News flash that officers responded to 911 call by a person who reported that neighbor's front door was open. While investigating, one officer saw person standing inside. This officer shot through the window and killed the resident. She was a black female. This statement is from MSN.

Last edited by David S.; 10-13-2019 at 02:11 PM.
    David S.

The DOJ needs to start obtaining consent decrees like it's nobody's business. We are all potentially one phone call away from being executed by police within our homes. I am starting to think BLM has a valid point.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...232027872.html
    Last edited by Nightvisionary; 10-13-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    I watched the video. He doesn’t seem to have knocked or identified himself as a police officer.

I understand pictures of a firearm she owns were released by the police. . Even if she were in her own home with a handgun or firearm, without more, and with the video as delivered, it’s pretty hard to see what....how....this can be ok or justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    I watched the video. He doesn’t seem to have knocked or identified himself as a police officer.

I understand pictures of a firearm she owns were released by the police. . Even if she were in her own home with a handgun or firearm, without more, and with the video as delivered, it’s pretty hard to see what....how....this can be ok or justified.
    I was impressed at how little time elapsed between the officer yelling commands and the shot being fired. I sincerely doubt there was enough time there for her to realize she was being given a command, and certainly not enough time to realize it was coming from law enforcement. Absent some REALLY interesting additional information, I have to agree with you - this looks very very bad.

Site Supporter
    Regardless of any other factors, this event indicates a training shortcoming. Too, it shows that the officer may lack common sense. It points to the likelihood that Ft Worth pd hired a person unsuitable to perform the job.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Regardless of any other factors, this event indicates a training shortcoming. Too, it shows that the officer may lack common sense. It points to the likelihood that Ft Worth pd hired a person unsuitable to perform the job.
    I’ve noticed a trend in LE where we seem to have more “fear biters” wearing a badge. Working plain clothes I’m often more concerned about getting shot by a responding uniform than a bad guy. Not sure if it’s a generational thing or the media and BLM terrorist garbage is keeping good people from even applying. It’s a shame too because we have better training tools (simunitions, virtual trainers, etc.) than ever before. We can do things during the academy and in-service to test judgement that we couldn’t even 15 years ago.

To be fair I’ve also seen far too many situations where deadly force was appropriate both tactically and legally but not used. And that I’m confident is a result of the media garbage.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I was impressed at how little time elapsed between the officer yelling commands and the shot being fired. I sincerely doubt there was enough time there for her to realize she was being given a command, and certainly not enough time to realize it was coming from law enforcement. Absent some REALLY interesting additional information, I have to agree with you - this looks very very bad.
    The clip I saw had him giving no indication that he was a cop. He yelled and fired within a second or two.

A woman alone at home sees some clown in her backyard. Is it unreasonable for her to have a weapon handy?

If you think your neighbor is in distress, do you call the cops, now that you have the knowledge that some trigger-happy clown might kill your neighbor? How does that neighbor in Ft. Worth live with the knowledge that, but for his calling the cops, his neighbor would still be alive?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I hope this one gets more than 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I hope this one gets more than 10 years.
    I wouldn’t hold my breath. The two incidents while tragically similar, are different in legally important aspects. He was there because he was called to be there, not through an error of going to the wrong residence. If his post shooting statement says she pointed the gun at him he may not even get indicted.

Don’t get me wrong. I think he fucked up badly based on what we know. But what happens next is anyone’s guess.

User Tag List