Thread: G19 Gen3-4 barrel compatibility?

G19 Gen3-4 barrel compatibility?

I'm gathering parts for a mostly non-Glock G19 Gen 3 experiment. I started looking around to see if there are any differences in the barrels because my plan to use my G4 slide failed miserably when it didn't fit the GGP frame. If I can use my Gen4 barrel, great! If not I need to start looking for barrels.

It looks like most manufacturers list their barrels as 1-5 compatible and I've seen one reference stating the Glock Armorer's Manual doesn't call out different Gen3-4 barrels (but I haven't looked in my copy yet to verify).

So has anyone run into any issues using a G4 barrel in a G3?

Thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    19’s are all the same from Gen 1-5.
    Edit to add: the Gen 5’s are Marksman barrels, but all 19 barrels are interchangeable across all 5 gens. The Gen 5 17 has a proprietary barrel that isn’t compatible with 1-4.
    Last edited by Darth_Uno; 10-13-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Excellent, thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Is there any appreciable improvement to be seen with the use of a Gen 5 "marksman" barrel in a lesser Gen 19?

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Is there any appreciable improvement to be seen with the use of a Gen 5 "marksman" barrel in a lesser Gen 19?
    My Gen 5s out shoot my Gen 3s with KKM barrels. I should try putting one in a Gen3 to see if the accuracy is maintained or if there's more to it.

User Tag List