Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Classes specifically for DA/SA pistols? Necessary or just take any class with a DA/?

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    As others have said. DASA is not space magic.

I'd guess the "hardest" part to learn, coming from a career shooting Glock, is how to run the DA trigger pull. That can be learned by watching Ernest Langdon's Fear Not the Double Action Shot videos and a ton of dry practice.

Wall drill
    As someone who started off with a P226 and STRUGGLED with DA/SA, that 3 part video helped me significantly during my development as a “”serious”” shooter.

This is a good topic because I was honestly thinking of taking an EL class solely for his insights on TDA. I’d still train with him otherwise, but as one of the few demonstrably highly proficient TDA shooters out there I figured there would be significant benefit to training with him using a TDA. Nothing against any other instructors who understand and can teach TDA, but Ernest seems to have become the face of running a TDA pistol.

I would read Todd’s thread on DA/SA pistols, add in Ernest’s series on “Fear Not the Double-Action Shot” and get to dry-firing and live-fire when you can. One piece of advice I remember reading here was to make sure to de-cock even if you don’t fire a shot just to help ingrain it more as a habit.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List