Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cooper Tunnels and Related Matters

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Don't they know competition will get them killed on da streets!
    I'm not sure they had invented streets when these were first in vogue.

Site Supporter
    It will get you killed in the Holland tunnel. Why not ditch the slats for something that won't be so silly? Have a tarp or something like that.

IPSC in the beginning was pretty physical. The Cooper Assault Course had you going through a Cooper Tunnel, then holstering your pistol and going over a 6 foot tall wall. Sometimes they would even nail a 2x4 to the wall 2 feet up from the ground for the weaklings to get a start. Then there was the Rhodesian Wall where you had to hang off a rope with one hand while shooting around the wall. Pretty tame any more.

The guy who tripped was being a Dick and deserved any and all penalties he got. Should have been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Here is my Cooper tunnel advice — remove your hat or wear it backwards.
    Also, if your magazines stick up above your back, they can catch boards. Testify. LOL

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    Also, if your magazines stick up above your back, they can catch boards. Testify. LOL
    No lie there. I wouldn’t have knocked that slat down (as i explained in the other thread) with my idpa stuff, but with the daa belt and big mag carriers...it meant a fallen slat after I was done shooting and doing my unload and show clear. I’ll get it right next time, plus I think ima switch to idpa gear for most everything.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Overhead material which falls as a result of the competitor ... striking the uprights ... will not be penalized.
    So if you want to be cute, kick the uprights hard enough to knock down the whole shebang?

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    What the heck is a Cooper Tunnel doing in a shooting competition?
    Simulated gunfight after attempting to take cover under something like a semi-trailer?
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 10-14-2019 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    So if you want to be cute, kick the uprights hard enough to knock down the whole shebang?

Simulated gunfight after attempting to take cover under something like a semi-trailer?
    USPSA is simulated gunfighting?

Don't they know Da Streetz will get you killed in competition!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    IPSC in the beginning was pretty physical. The Cooper Assault Course had you going through a Cooper Tunnel, then holstering your pistol and going over a 6 foot tall wall. Sometimes they would even nail a 2x4 to the wall 2 feet up from the ground for the weaklings to get a start. Then there was the Rhodesian Wall where you had to hang off a rope with one hand while shooting around the wall. Pretty tame any more.

The guy who tripped was being a Dick and deserved any and all penalties he got. Should have been banned.
    I had an old gunzine with cover showing a then IPSCer in mid air after going over a wall. He is in a semi-crouched position to cushion the landing, but the gun is level and coming up toward the next target. Shai Dorsai!

I remember the debates between the Martial Artists and the Gamesmen of the early 1980s. The Gamesmen won and such things as stock gun matches and concealment matches faded away.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List