Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SVI Infinity “cowitness” 2011

SVI Infinity “cowitness” 2011

The slide the is wider to accomplish a direct mill for the RMR with a small sight built in

It’s about $6k the way think I’ll spec it out. So yummy

I’ll have it......

Name:  BC6FB0F2-7738-4C5A-83A5-3C40F7A5B8F2.jpeg
Views: 5268
Size:  60.5 KB
    Last edited by Duke; 10-12-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Why have front slide serrations on the frame? Isn't that counterproductive?

#SAPOSSE now?
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    #SAPOSSE now?
    Im looking for an advantage. Think I found it

Looks sweet. What's it going to do that an STI DVC P doesn't? Besides cost 2-3k more?

I love me some SVIs and I'm looking hard at having one built for my birthday next year. Just not sure burying the optic is gaining much. Not when the DVC P has the new Dawson designed mount and is SRO compatible.

Have you looked at Atlas Gunworks yet?

You're walking a dangerous path, my friend...once you realize how much better the new STIs are and as a result, with SVI and Atlas using the new Gen 2 mags, how much better those guns are...it's tough. Hilton Yam is discovering that and drinking the Kool-Aid now, he just spent a few days in Texas at the STI factory after picking up a Staccato P...If you can turn a hard-core 1911 user, who ultimately moved to Glocks, like Yam into a believer, you're doing shit right.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Looks sweet. What's it going to do that an STI DVC P doesn't? Besides cost 2-3k more?

I love me some SVIs and I'm looking hard at having one built for my birthday next year. Just not sure burying the optic is gaining much. Not when the DVC P has the new Dawson designed mount and is SRO compatible.

Have you looked at Atlas Gunworks yet?

You're walking a dangerous path, my friend...once you realize how much better the new STIs are and as a result, with SVI and Atlas using the new Gen 2 mags, how much better those guns are...it's tough. Hilton Yam is discovering that and drinking the Kool-Aid now, he just spent a few days in Texas at the STI factory after picking up a Staccato P...If you can turn a hard-core 1911 user, who ultimately moved to Glocks, like Yam into a believer, you're doing shit right.
    The Problem is - I only like things the way that I like them....Even If they are very good to begin with.

Atlas supplied some of the parts that are going into my DVC-P (their new high ride safety and short curved trigger) along with all of Wilson’s bullet proof parts.

Sti factory trigger was good at 2lbs 7oz. But I wants me some more pretravel, a different grip safety and a short trigger so I just got everything at once to have it matched.

Infinity seems like they’ll do whatever I can pay for - which is right up my alley.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    The Problem is - I only like things the way that I like them....Even If they are very good to begin with.

Atlas supplied some of the parts that are going into my DVC-P (their new high ride safety and short curved trigger) along with all of Wilson’s bullet proof parts.

Sti factory trigger was good at 2lbs 7oz. But I wants me some more pretravel, a different grip safety and a short trigger so I just got everything at once to have it matched.

Infinity seems like they’ll do whatever I can pay for - which is right up my alley.
    I gotcha.

Infinity will build anything you want. Atlas is also pretty close too.

When the wife and I go down to Tejas for the holidays, I'm going to try to drop in to Infinity's shop, they are about an hour from my wife's hometown.

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    It won’t break.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by zeleny View Post
    It won’t break.
    So far, I haven't seen much indication that the current guns are breaking regularly? Are you seeing something to the contrary?

And besides...you can buy 3 Staccato Ps or 1 and 2/3rds DVC Ps for the price of one Infinity 'Cowitness' and thus if you break one, - eh -.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Infinity - but I doubt most folks can push a DVC P to the max, let alone an Infinity "cowitness". Some exceptions exist...e.g., Duke, GJM, Gabe White.

I can't even shoot my gun to the max of its ability (my ability yes, but its? Nope).
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 10-14-2019 at 09:23 AM.

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    So far, I haven't seen much indication that the current guns are breaking regularly? Are you seeing something to the contrary?
    I am drawing conclusions from no end of claims that STI has improved its quality control.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

User Tag List