Thread: Beretta 92/PX4 versus Sig P Series - Which is easier to work on/overhaul?

Beretta 92/PX4 versus Sig P Series - Which is easier to work on/overhaul?

For those of you who have extensively worked on the 92/Px4 and Sig 9mm P series which do you find easier to detail strip and work on? It would seem that the Beretta slide mounted safeties are a PITA to deal with but, so far, I haven't had reason to get into taking them apart. I have changed out the hammer on one of my Px4CCs and it was a breeze thanks to the video by EL.

I know that there seems to be a bit of a hate/hate relationship with later vintage Sigs from one or two of the department armorers here but my five have been outstanding. On an individual level, what is your experience with working on these pistols?

GLOCK.

J/K. I used to do a lot of work on both. I’ve found the Beretta 92 lower easier than a classic Sig (probably cause I’ve done it much more), but you’re right about the upper, especially a true G model. Of course, you could go 92D, that makes it a bit simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    GLOCK.

J/K. I used to do a lot of work on both. I’ve found the Beretta 92 lower easier than a classic Sig (probably cause I’ve done it much more), but you’re right about the upper, especially a true G model. Of course, you could go 92D, that makes it a bit simpler.
    Yeah, I get the glock thing and that is the reason I have two 19s and two 17s. Arguably, the 19/17 are the best BOB/SHTF guns ever and are so easy to work on. I currently have a Wilson Brig Tac, two PX4CCs, P225A1, P226 Nitron and several HKs and need to thin the herd. I've managed to spread myself a bit too thin to effectively focus training and maintain a reasonable amount of spare parts. My Glocks and HKs are a permanent fixture so I'm probably going to sell off the rest but wanted to kick some ideas around. Thanks.

You might check out Ernest Langdon's trigger job video's on the 92 and PX4. I have no experience with the sig's (have a Sig "clone", or what some consider as one).

Out of the 92 and the PX4, IMHE, I think the PX4 is easier to do work to generally.

It’s been a few years, but with the exception of one or to pins I don’t remember the classic SIGs being difficult to detail strip. It’s no Glock, but not too bad.
    David S.

I think it's a wash. The Beretta slide seems more involved due to the safety/decocker, but the Sig frame is the more complicated of the two.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I have no experience with SIGs, but I had no experience with Beretta slides until I took one apart. YouTube beats hell out of looking a manual. Watch video, do work. Re-watch video, do work the correct way. Easy.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I have no experience with SIGs, but I had no experience with Beretta slides until I took one apart. YouTube beats hell out of looking a manual. Watch video, do work. Re-watch video, do work the correct way. Easy.
    I am with you there, brother. I'm of the age that we used maps to find our way around and the first thing you bought after getting your car was the Chilton manual. YouTube has truly changed the world of instruction and self help.

User Tag List