Thread: 1.75 Belt for Competition??

1.75 Belt for Competition??

Anyone experiment or wear a 1.75 belt for running and gunning? I feel like my 1.5 Shooters Connection belt is floppy when I have 5 mags and a steel gun - Ive worn a 1.5 Ghost belt in the past but wore it out quickly. I know people swear by DAA but Im thinking if I increase the surface area of the belt the mags and gun are likely to be more secure on my body frame. Yes yes I know Ben and other champs have worn the 1.5 but I feel like it flexes too much on my hips as I typically wear my belt lower (think I have a shorter torso and longer legs).

Do you three gunners wear a 1.75? I dont see a lot on Enos about it. The setup Im thinking of consists of a 1.5 inner thats more stiff than standard inners and a 1.75 outer - just asking before I drop over $100 on something that doesnt seem to be mainstream.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    Anyone experiment or wear a 1.75 belt for running and gunning? I feel like my 1.5 Shooters Connection belt is floppy when I have 5 mags and a steel gun - Ive worn a 1.5 Ghost belt in the past but wore it out quickly. I know people swear by DAA but Im thinking if I increase the surface area of the belt the mags and gun are likely to be more secure on my body frame. Yes yes I know Ben and other champs have worn the 1.5 but I feel like it flexes too much on my hips as I typically wear my belt lower (think I have a shorter torso and longer legs).

Do you three gunners wear a 1.75? I dont see a lot on Enos about it. The setup Im thinking of consists of a 1.5 inner thats more stiff than standard inners and a 1.75 outer - just asking before I drop over $100 on something that doesnt seem to be mainstream.
    Never tried a 1.75, the DAA is the stiffest belt I've had and it is a substantial upgrade in stiffness vs the CR speed belts I had in the past. Don't know about ghost or SC.

My 2 cents:
    Can you find a holster hanger and decent mag carriers for the 1.75 inch belt? I'd at least make sure you can source a whole rig before buying the belt.

Is your inner belt secured well to your outer? I've seen people running a holster and 5 pouches on bladetech tek-loks and only 50% of the belt inner belt is touching the outer, resulting in floppiness. If so putting velcro on the back of tek-loks (or whatever attachment system you use) can make a big difference.

I run the same Safariland ELS belt for USPSA and 3-Gun events. The ELS outer belt is 1.75, the inner belt is 1.5. I cut mine and added a ratchet system to really cinch it down with all of my 3-Gun stuff added to it. No complaints on stability. ELS system allows me change out between shell caddies, pistol mag pouches and rifle mag pouches. QLS makes swapping holsters easy. I love this setup.

Last edited by andre3k; 10-11-2019 at 10:34 PM.

Thanks to you both - my holsters and mag pouches are adjustable to 1.75 which initially started this thought of mine. Ive placed industrial Velcro on the pouches and holster but it seems like the entirety of the belt shifts as the inner doesnt stay tight as the whole thing moves from my hips to my waist. I think a ratcheting or tightening system might be in my future - looking at the cobra buckle belts currently.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

I haven't actually tried it but since you're having trouble with the 1.5" then I guess it's worth the try.

There are a couple of options before going wider. One is a stiffer inner belt. I feel that it increases the stiffness of the entire belt/belt/gear system. I have a couple of these and I feel like they do provide some advantage.
    https://www.weare-nerd.com/competiti...ose-inner-belt

I have also heard good things about this belt, plastic reinforced leather rig, but don't have a personal experience.
    https://atlasgunworks.com/product/at...shooting-belt/
    Last edited by YVK; 11-06-2019 at 07:33 PM.
    Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.

User Tag List