Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Revolver input from my wife

Site Supporter
    Since the LCRs come in 327, I would think that a new run of 432s would have to step up as the 640s did, for marketing. That being said, I'd carry 32 HRs in it.

Site Supporter
    I want a 32 mag or 327 centennial. I would shoot .32 S&W Long in it. As I get older low recoil options have more appeal.

Site Supporter
    32 Long is a cream puff load. However, it won't knock down a steel popper a lot of the time.

Site Supporter
    That’s good. When I used to shoot steel I would often adjust it not to fall

One of the things that I've found in my not too extensive instructional experience with women is that what seems to have experientially resonate the most is that the ability to manipulate the trigger, achieve accuracy, and recoil management are all key, of course, the same applies to males.

A good 4" medium-weight revolver seems to work well, something along the lines of a Security Six, GP100, SP101, S&W 586/686 and/or similar. Adjustable sights are recommended, not just for their adjustability, but for the inherently better/easier to acquire sight picture they provide.

Tuning/swapping the grip to achieve the best grip and feel ergonomically can be important, but probably not an overarching immediate concern when starting out.

Best, Jon

If your wife is looking for a new handgun option and the S&W Shield 9mm slide was too difficult to lock back and the revolver recoil too painful, then take her to your LGS and her try the S&W M&P 380 Shield EZ. The 380 Shield EZ has half the slide tension and is twice as easy to operate than your Shield 9mm.

The 380 Shield EZ scored the highest in the American Rifleman Ladies Pistol Project 3 and was named the American Rifleman Golden Bullseye for Women's Innovation Product of the Year. Here is a photo gallery/video link to this year's competition... https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...ect-3-results/

I have thought that the 3" LCR doesnt get enough attention.
    Or the 2" with the 3" grip.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by URIT View Post
    If your wife is looking for a new handgun option and the S&W Shield 9mm slide was too difficult to lock back and the revolver recoil too painful, then take her to your LGS and her try the S&W M&P 380 Shield EZ. The 380 Shield EZ has half the slide tension and is twice as easy to operate than your Shield 9mm.

The 380 Shield EZ scored the highest in the American Rifleman Ladies Pistol Project 3 and was named the American Rifleman Golden Bullseye for Women's Innovation Product of the Year. Here is a photo gallery/video link to this year's competition... https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...ect-3-results/
    We need a lot more of this! I don’t know which is ultimately more valuable: having that many ladies get to try things out for themselves, or everyone else (either the ladies themselves or husbands, boyfriends, fathers, etc.) having such a well-informed starting point as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Are Charter Arms offerings complete junk , or have they improved?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Are Charter Arms offerings complete junk , or have they improved?
    Buy a used S&W or LCR or SP101. Too many years of badness to trust a Charter.

User Tag List