Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DIA analyst caught leaking to CNBC journalist

DIA analyst caught leaking to CNBC journalist

These things happen, right? However, these two idiots were posting pics of themselves to FB and you'll never guess where she got some of the info for her articles. @John Murphy

Idiots.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/10/henry-kyle-frese/

According to a review of articles published by Macias and Kube mentioned in those court documents, the leaked information pertained to China and North Korea. In May 2018, Macias wrote a report for CNBC about China quietly installing missile systems on the strategic Spratly Islands in the contested South China Sea. The information was sourced to a Pentagon official.

In June 2018, Kube, along with two other NBC reporters, wrote a highly publicized report about North Korea increasing nuclear production at secret sites. The report contradicted President Trump’s tweet that same month that “there was no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea” following his June 12 summit with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un.

The investigation into Frese included a wiretap of his phone, which captured a call on September 24, 2019, he had with Kube in which prosecutors say he gave her classified information.

#RESIST

Her Twitter. Damn, she made it easy for the investigators.

https://twitter.com/amanda_m_macias
    #RESIST

His Twitter. He actually retweeted an article she wrote using info he leaked.

https://twitter.com/hkfrese
    #RESIST

Well, since they were critical and contradictory of Trump, they will probably be hailed as "Heroes of the Resistance".

The reporters need to see the inside of a courtroom, otherwise it just affirms that bullshit that Chris "Bro" Coumo was spewing about "It's okay for us reporters to see classified with out a clearance, BUT NOT YOU, Joe Citizen".

Umm, not how that works.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Cultivating sources and developing stories is a reporters job. As is that of a foreign intelligence agent.
    We can’t fault either for tapping a source with classified information to trade.

We can fault the jackass who opened his mouth/files/computer drive when he shouldn’t have. The DIA analyst deserves a big stay in a small cell. The reporter deserves a promotion.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Cultivating sources and developing stories is a reporters job. As is that of a foreign intelligence agent.
    We can’t fault either for tapping a source with classified information to trade.

We can fault the jackass who opened his mouth/files/computer drive when he shouldn’t have. The DIA analyst deserves a big stay in a small cell. The reporter deserves a promotion.
    Umm, Fuck No.

You apparently never had a TS, nor went through the associated training concerning classified intelligence. If you did have a TS with that type of mindset you are displaying, then it should have been revoked.

Knowingly receiving and disseminating classified intelligence, while not an authorized recipient, needs to have some severe repercussions.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post

Name:  047D8191-3F76-442F-8909-5730B8085BF1.jpeg
Views: 392
Size:  77.8 KB

Knowingly soliciting classified information without appropriate clearance and need to know is a crime, regardless of who solicits it.

She deserves the same sentence as the DIA guy.
    Last edited by HCM; 10-10-2019 at 11:09 AM.

I still can't get over how stupid and avoidable this was. Not to mention how easy this was for the investigators.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Umm, Fuck No.

You apparently never had a TS, nor went through the associated training concerning classified intelligence. If you did have a TS with that type of mindset you are displaying, then it should have been revoked.

Knowingly receiving and disseminating classified intelligence, while not an authorized recipient, needs to have some severe repercussions.
    You’re right. I’ve never held a TS or compartmentalized super ninja clearance. With your bruised ego mended, we can return to the subject at hand. Which is that the DIA jackass should have kept his mouth shut. The end.

There’d be no question of the reporters culpability in soliciting, receiving, distributing, transmitting, reading, or interacting with the classified data if she never got it in the first place.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I'll be stunned if it turns out they were not having a sexual relationship. What else motivates a man to divulge classified state secrets? Worst of all...she's not that hot, but I guess neckbeards don't win a lot of prizes.

Seriously, make a mental note. If you're going to got rolled up in a honey pot, make sure she is a 12 outta 10 on the scale. You might as well at least have fond memories while you sit in the Graybar Inn.

User Tag List