Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    With the addition of bullet supplied ventilation
    They were trying to measure the speed of the bullet in plastic

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    It’s a bright yellow sign, what else are they suppose to shoot at? Holes in the actual flag though, that would be something to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Thanks.

When I was in the Army they used to chronograph our artillery rounds. I assume they were collecting the data to know how to set time fuzes
    I used to be an Artillery Officer, they were likely trying to measure to calculate muzzle velocity variation, as that the projectile square weight and propellant temp are all key inputs in manual gunnery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A57460
    CTC lasers : Pistols = ABS : automobiles

I saw someone holding a 22 with only the front scope mount attached to the rear mount… hanging out over the stock.

I saw someone using AirPods Pro as hearing protection while shooting a PCC. Noise cancelation does not mean what he thinks it means.

I saw someone with an AR receiver with lightening cuts through the whole upper so you could put your finger through the entire gun if the bolt was back. The gun was jamming all the time. Surprise.

Site Supporter
    One of the modern ranges in San Antonio that had 'bullet proof' glass between lanes. A hit, starred hit in the center of the glass, 90 degrees from down range!

All the ranges have rounds in the ceiling right above the lane table. My daughter points that out whenever we go. One new range master told me that there were there a month after opening. She would take new folks to their lane to check them out. She was teaching some old guy (haha) to shoot and you could see she was horrified. I was taking daughter and son-in-law and decided to wear, for no reason, a GSSF range officer hat (did that a couple of times) - so she let me be. Later complimented me on my instruction of the kids.

Stuff seen at the gun range

I forgot to add this pic of a rifle bench from yesterday’s brief visit to the 100yd “Retard Range”.

You can see the bullet-riddled cold range flag sign at the right of the pic as well.

I forgot to add this pic of a rifle bench from yesterday’s brief visit to the 100yd “Retard Range”.

You can see the bullet-riddled cold range flag sign at the right of the pic as well.
    Tri-County?

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Tri-County?

Okie John
    Yep

Yep
    I loved that place when I was a member. Those huge action bays were a freakin' wonderland.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List