Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff seen at the gun range

Name:  han.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  8.5 KB

Also, I think @JRV is my new favorite member.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Name:  han.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  8.5 KB

Also, I think @JRV is my new favorite member.
    Name:  header.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  88.6 KB
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Quote Originally Posted by CZ Man View Post
    The ND's into the ceiling, floor and walls.
    Not to mention the IDs.
    I was munching my "half time" snack, idly watching the action through the window into the range.
    Customer on Lane 2 sees a target he likes hanging about 7 yards out on Lane 3 so he just swings his rifle around and hammers half a dozen rounds through the target into the wall, concrete dust spraying. Unfortunately the staff RO was watching the klutzes on the other bay and did not catch him in the act.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Last time I set foot on a public outdoor range has been more than 8 years. And the reason is simple. There I was ALONE mid-day at the range. I’d just shot out a B8 and went to change it out. I’m standing out at the 25-yard line, when bullets start whizzing past me.

This stupid motherfucker walked out to the range - right past my bench full of gear and pulls out a .40 cal Glock and starts shooting at a target someone had left hanging (why you don’t do that. The only thing worse than a Fudd is a cheap Fudd and they are all cheap). He never looked down range - at all.

I yell, but he is blazing away as I race back to line. I come flying up underneath a bench and come around SCREAMING at this idiot. I snatched the gun right out of his hand, he was confused, I emptied it, then turned and took his gun inside and gave it to the range manager.

The guy is pissed, “He stole my gun!”

I don’t know how I managed to stay calm, but I explained to the range manager this fucker started shooting while I was downrange changing targets. As a result, I took his weapon away, to save his life. Because if he was disarmed I wouldn’t have to shoot him.

The manager held his gun while I went out and packed my gear and left. I assume he made the other guy leave. It did not matter to me. I wasn’t about to go back there ever again.

And then I basically swore off public outdoor ranges. At least indoors have target movers to avoid this issue.

It was also the last time I didn’t carry a loaded gun on me, at the range. I never want to be able to not shoot back.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    And then I basically swore off public outdoor ranges. At least indoors have target movers to avoid this issue.
    You'd think.

Unless your indoor range uses the pipes from Super Mario to plop you into a three-sided concrete booth, some halfwitted turd will -- will -- find a way to put you downrange of him.

It's as certain as death, taxes, and a $5 lady-of-the-night's next herpes breakout.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

My local range runs a non-affiliated sorta tactical match a few times a month, and as a regular, I help out a bit.
    Had one old dude show up to shoot the match, and I was going to get him checked in and run over the basic procedures while the RO was busy.
    He proceeded to pull out his Walther P22 and point it at my midsection, with his finger on the trigger.
    I carefully and politely un-pointed it from my body, removed it from his grip, and unloaded it.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    You'd think.

Unless your indoor range uses the pipes from Super Mario to plop you into a three-sided concrete booth, some halfwitted turd will -- will -- find a way to put you downrange of him.

It's as certain as death, taxes, and a $5 lady-of-the-night's next herpes breakout.
    It is a truly awful feeling hearing the RO at the indoor range directly behind while you're in the booth say, "sir, you need to be in a booth to handle your firearm. SIR!!"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    The Scottsdale Gun Club is a place I consider my home range. I see mostly good things there.

The other day though, I did see someone trying to practice from the holster with a brasscatcher in their strong hand. Talk about making things harder than they need to be.

Combined with @JRV talking about the evening dress, I’m calling phrasing here.

Makes me glad I live in the country and shoot in my back yard. Alone mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    My local indoor range has a sign declaring “No rapid fire allowed”.

They have full-autos available to rent.
    That sounds like a Stephen Wright Joke.

User Tag List