Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Stuff seen at the gun range

somebody forget about the offset?
    shooting a poorly sighted in rifle?
    dumber than a bag of broken hammers?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    I found one of those in the trash a few weeks back. Whoever did it was kind enough to place the perfectly functional/undamaged tripod in there with it...
    What is it?

A chronograph for measuring bullet speed in feet per second.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Indoor range here takes the usual wall and baffle hits, but if they notice you shooting the bench or partition, you will be billed for repairs.
    I don't know about the overhead CCTV cameras that have been smashed.

I must confess, I shot my chronograph. CE replaced it for half the new price. I now insist on a rest. Trying to offhand through the windows, fudging alignment as the daylight changes, is not the way to take care of the equipment.
    Last edited by Jim Watson; 10-14-2019 at 08:23 AM.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    With the addition of bullet supplied ventilation
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I must confess, I shot my chronograph. CE replaced it for half the new price. I now insist on a rest. Trying to offhand through the windows, fudging alignment as the daylight changes, is not the way to take care of the equipment.
    [emoji38] That reminds me of when I arrived at the rifle range just as a guy center punched his chrono with a .308. There wasn’t much left bigger than a few inches. All he said was “shit.”
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    All he said was “shit.”
    What else can you say? Anything more is just theatrics.

Chris

Site Supporter
    This reminds me of one of the local ranges here. I tried them a few time when they first opened up but now avoid the place like the plague. Had multiple instances of muzzling etc not addressed by the ROs.

Worst was 4 guys wearing Navy PT gear sharing two hand guns on the steel range. Appeared to be one guy who knew what he was doing and owned the guns taking his buddies shooting. One of the other guys was doing ok but the other two would fire a shot then wave the loaded, cocked P226 around as the hooted and hollered. One of the two would do this while doing a little “victory dance” kind of like what you would see in an end zone or from a toddler.

Addressed it with the RO twice. First time he did nothing, second time they ignored him. I left and lodged a complaint at the office. I’ve never been back.

Previously at the same range @JM Campbell and I Shot next to a dude who came to the zero range with a Ruger Precision in 6.5 CM and begins a kabuki theater “barrel break in” procedure. TLDR version he left a patch in the barrel and sent a round with predictable results.

Unsurprisingly this is now the range favored by the local gang bangers etc. it’s a shame as it could have been a nice facility.
    Last edited by HCM; 10-14-2019 at 02:18 PM.

Just had another one this weekend. Two guys needed a screwdriver at the local indoor range (disassembling a mag), so I handed one a multitool.

He gives it back to me a couple minutes later WITH his gun hand WITH his SD40VE still in his hand.

"Muzzle. Safe direction."

"Oh, sorry" and then turns the pistol sideways towards his buddy.

"Nope, try again."

RO decided to come in at that point.

The amount of people that survive on sheer luck and no one making a good faith effort to kill them is astounding.
    Last edited by JRV; 10-14-2019 at 03:58 PM.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Thanks.

When I was in the Army they used to chronograph our artillery rounds. I assume they were collecting the data to know how to set time fuzes

User Tag List