Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff seen at the gun range

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    This really made me stop and think. I'm not sure how I'd react to what amounts to someone shooting at me. I'm especially not sure what would happen if it occurred while I had a gun in my hand.
    I have to imagine that the person who shot the panel was VERY unpleasantly surprised by it and probably dropped/put down the gun immediately, but I wouldn't fault you for "aggressively" evaluating the situation until it was clear that the danger was over.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I have to imagine that the person who shot the panel was VERY unpleasantly surprised by it and probably dropped/put down the gun immediately, but I wouldn't fault you for "aggressively" evaluating the situation until it was clear that the danger was over.
    I don't trust strangers at a range, with good reason as this thread demonstrates. Realistically I would have had an eye on them anyway and probably would have said something the first time I saw their muzzle and packed up and left the second time.
    Last edited by Cypher; 10-13-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Site Supporter
    I'd leave the lane area and if the staff didn't pick it up on the TVs, start yelling and screaming.

Banned
    When I was 12 years old I had a negligent discharge and almost shot a friend of mine. Because of that in the back of my mind I've always been a little afraid of guns and I think that's a good thing because it makes me really pay attention to the safety rules.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    The verbiage I hear at matches at various places in this area and which makes sense to me is, “there’s been a training accident” rather than “a shooting.”

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    One of our matches has a pretty good safety lecture and emergency procedure briefing before we start. Who is trained, where are the trauma packs, how to call 911.

The latter is interesting: Don't say there's been a shooting at the club. Say there has been an accidental wounding. If you say there is a shooting, they roll an active shooter response.

When my kids were younger we were in a concrete bay in the sport shooting section of an outdoor club. We were the only ones there.
    A car that looked like it had no business being there backed into the parking area and no one got out of the car. They never got out of the car.
    I figure I can get shot at anywhere, Including the range.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Our private range is surrounded by residential development. All of it came after the range was built in the 50's. Eventually the county or the neighbors will find a way to close it. We've already appeased them in so many ways it's ridiculous. The range doesn't open until 10 AM and closes at dusk because people need their quite times.

My question is why did you move next to a gun range for starters?
    The range I used to be a member of had that same problem. People built homes all around it, then complained about the noise. Eventually a developer wanted the range’s land and they were forced out of that location by the city.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    One of our matches has a pretty good safety lecture and emergency procedure briefing before we start. Who is trained, where are the trauma packs, how to call 911.

The latter is interesting: Don't say there's been a shooting at the club. Say there has been an accidental wounding. If you say there is a shooting, they roll an active shooter response.
    The one I've heard from, I believe, Ellifirtz, is 'firearms accident at a shooting range'.

Around here it wouldn't be an active shooter response, necessarily, but the injured person would have to wait for the cops to arrive, clear the scene, and then call the medics in. We'd be staged nearby.

If you call it in as an accident, it's possible that it speeds up the process.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

I saw this in the trash at the range today

Name:  chronodamage.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  25.7 KB

It was interesting to see that the bullet melted the plastic on it's way through.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    I saw this in the trash at the range today

Name:  chronodamage.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  25.7 KB

It was interesting to see that the bullet melted the plastic on it's way through.
    I found one of those in the trash a few weeks back. Whoever did it was kind enough to place the perfectly functional/undamaged tripod in there with it...

User Tag List