Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: The Not Quite Officially Sanctioned Earworm Thread

I can always count on a new borderlands games to introduce me to some new music. This is definitely.... Japan

Early 2000s alt-bluegrass tune that's been stuck in my head for days now:

And the 1936 recording of Hoagy Carmichael's "Georgia on My Mind" by the Quintet of The Hot Club of France

Isn't Grapelli's violin tone sweet? He played like that his whole long life, too. I am lucky to have attended a few performances.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    @Lex Luthier nice selection for the evening porch sittin’. Jealous you got to see Grapelli live.

So as to contribute here’s another “alt grass band” from up your ways. One of my favorites of theirs

And a little doo- wop I was enjoying earlier today.

Found this while looking for something else.
    A modern master of the jazz violin, Elana (Fremerman) James
    with the Hot Club Of Cowtown and special guest Frank Vignola

"If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

Time to share the pain.

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Time to share the pain.

Never seen or heard that before, but it makes me wonder who though underage kids need cars. About as smart as a friend whose mother was a drunk and drug addict, taking her thirteen year old son to the bar to be her driver, all while her husband was an UC.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Never seen or heard that before, but it makes me wonder who though underage kids need cars. About as smart as a friend whose mother was a drunk and drug addict, taking her thirteen year old son to the bar to be her driver, all while her husband was an UC.
    It's a charity Kars4Kids

The bloody song still plays on the radio every so often and it's pain to get out of your head.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

This one has been washing all around the cranial cavity since the middle of the week.
    (For you guitar pickers, that's DADF#AD tuning, with a capo on the 4th or 5th fret, depending on whim.)

And this one too, which is really good for efficiently getting things done, miles marched, enemies vanquished, etc

(To paraphrase Ms. Mitchell, I have been blessed and cursed with being sensitive to both The Fiddle and The Drum. It's not easy to balance, and I frequently fail.)

New from Robert Plant and Alison Krauss.

User Tag List