Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The Not Quite Officially Sanctioned Earworm Thread

Site Supporter
    I played this for my kid a few weeks ago. He put it on in the car yesterday.
    It's been stuck in my head since, but in a good way. The opening riff will be his ringtone by the end of the day.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    In the '70s you knew you made it when you made the Muppet Show...

Debbie Harry and Alice Cooper too...

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 10-10-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I don't think any of mine will be relatable at all because I grew up in the punk rock scene.

But this is probably the most popular song from that scene at that time which maybe scratched the surface of radio play? which also then became stuck in my head frequently as it was released in the summer of 2000, I think right around when I met my wife.

I know I've told the story of meeting her here before so some people will get this...it became a sort of theme song for our early relationship for a whole bunch of reasons. It reminded me of her (this was her favourite band back then and she introduced me to the song, apart from the song itself which lyrically has a bunch of tie-ins for us) and it reminded her of me because of the absurd cockiness of the singer who responds to a girl that won't sleep with him with the assumption that she must be a lesbian.

Erin would be annoyed if I didn't point out that the album it's from was actually one of her least favourite Dwarves albums (it's definitely the poppiest) and she only played the song in the first place because it was thematically appropriate.

Anyway there you go...that's one of my big earworms which potentially some of you may have actually heard, and the whole story behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I don't think any of mine will be relatable at all because I grew up in the punk rock scene.
    Well, in that category:

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post

But this is probably the most popular song from that scene at that time which maybe scratched the surface of radio play? which also then became stuck in my head frequently as it was released in the summer of 2000, I think right around when I met my wife.

I know I've told the story of meeting her here before so some people will get this...it became a sort of theme song for our early relationship for a whole bunch of reasons. It reminded me of her (this was her favourite band back then and she introduced me to the song, apart from the song itself which lyrically has a bunch of tie-ins for us) and it reminded her of me because of the absurd cockiness of the singer who responds to a girl that won't sleep with him with the assumption that she must be a lesbian.

Erin would be annoyed if I didn't point out that the album it's from was actually one of her least favourite Dwarves albums (it's definitely the poppiest) and she only played the song in the first place because it was thematically appropriate.

Anyway there you go...that's one of my big earworms which potentially some of you may have actually heard, and the whole story behind it.
    Are you two still married?

I'm not much into punk and have never been to CBGB...but I did see Black Sabbath at the Fillmore East back in the day. (Sir Lord Baltimore opened.)

Oddly enough, I remember little about that night.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

A little 80s weirdness earworm:

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm not much into punk and have never been to CBGB...but I did see Black Sabbath at the Fillmore East back in the day. (Sir Lord Baltimore opened.)

Oddly enough, I remember little about that night.
    No need to be

about it.

;-)

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JDH View Post
    Are you two still married?
    Yes indeed - in the end it turned out her requirements were not nearly as set in stone as predicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Well, in that category:
    Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

User Tag List