Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: KSTG Match at the NRA Range: Tu 1-May

newb welcome?

A buddy and I are signed up for 9pm. He is a shooter but hasn't done competition or tactical shooting before. If I work with him some this weekend on holster work and the extra particulars and stringency of safe handling rules in a down-range environment, will his participation be welcome? I ask because when I came out to the first KSTG, the lady at the sign-in desk asked if I'd ever shot in competitions before (I had) with the tone and look of an unspoken "if you say no, you may not get to play."

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by televiper View Post
    A buddy and I are signed up for 9pm. He is a shooter but hasn't done competition or tactical shooting before. If I work with him some this weekend on holster work and the extra particulars and stringency of safe handling rules in a down-range environment, will his participation be welcome? I ask because when I came out to the first KSTG, the lady at the sign-in desk asked if I'd ever shot in competitions before (I had) with the tone and look of an unspoken "if you say no, you may not get to play."
    When he registered, he should have been asked if he has formal training or experience shooting from a holster. If yes, he's fine. If no, he should not have been given a slot.

Essentially, remember this is a match and not a class. If he knows the rules of the game and the safety requirements, he's fine. If not, and he violates a safety rule, he'll be DQd. I don't say that to sound harsh, it's simply a reality of running matches like these.

Hey all,

I won't be able to make the match tonight, so my 8pm slot is up for grabs. Gotta do the daddy-to-be thing tonight and take care of a number of errands. Plus the wife is in full nesting mode so my Honey-Do list is rather full.

Todd, let me know if there's anything I need to do to free up the slot. I called the range but got the voicemail.

My co-worker's 5PM slot just became open. PM me for details. I tried calling the range twice and didn't get an answer.
    #RESIST

Anyone have a non-longslide Glock I can borrow for the 7pm slot?

Thanks,
    Chris
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

Chris,

I won't be at the match, but I've got a 17 with Trijicon night sights and a 19 with Warren/Sevigny sights that you're welcome to borrow. I am near 66 on the way to the range. Check your PM for my number to make arrangements.

If that falls through, I'll be there for the 7:00. I have a G19 that I won't be using. It has Ameriglo Defoor sights, OEM "-" connecter, and gen 2(Slick) GFA. OEM extended slide-stop as well. You're more than welcome to it. Let me know.

I got a hold of the NRA range to let them know about the open 5PM slot.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by bdcheung View Post
    Hey all,

I won't be able to make the match tonight, so my 8pm slot is up for grabs. Gotta do the daddy-to-be thing tonight and take care of a number of errands. Plus the wife is in full nesting mode so my Honey-Do list is rather full.

Todd, let me know if there's anything I need to do to free up the slot. I called the range but got the voicemail.
    Hey, did anyone take that slot?
    And/or are there any slots open for the time frame or later?

Blew that one out my ass.....
    #RESIST

User Tag List