Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 State of Red Dot Sight Duty Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Took almost 4 months and several phone calls to get my RDS from Safariland. Biggest complaint besides the wait is the inability to use a pressure switch on the light.
    Take your wife's blow dryer and heat it up as you create a channel for it. I just did it a few days ago, as I placed my DG switch back on my X300U. Takes about 5-10 minutes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by brooklynbacon View Post
    Take your wife's blow dryer and heat it up as you create a channel for it. I just did it a few days ago, as I placed my DG switch back on my X300U. Takes about 5-10 minutes.
    Guys at work are doing this with the issue ALS holsters and a heat gun.

pat

I received a 6390 RDS in 3 weeks with Cordura multicam even after ordering during there 40% September sale event. WRS is complete junk. Just wait for the right gear, as it is not something to cheap out on or get something that’s “good enough”.

Squared Away Customs in Enfield nh makes Kydex duty holsters that use the Safariland SLS hood and belt loop. The make holsters for Rome equiped guns.Ymmv

Have used modified 6280s for patrol and teaching. They will suffice, but they're not ideal.

Have one of the new purpose-built Safariland holsters; however, it is weirdly snug, and I can't find the friction point(s).

Hadn't heard about Squared Away Customs as a possible duty alternative. There is also Long's Shadow Holsters. I am planning on trying a Spetz Gear holster to see, one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Have used modified 6280s for patrol and teaching. They will suffice, but they're not ideal.

Have one of the new purpose-built Safariland holsters; however, it is weirdly snug, and I can't find the friction point(s).

Hadn't heard about Squared Away Customs as a possible duty alternative. There is also Long's Shadow Holsters. I am planning on trying a Spetz Gear holster to see, one way or another.

I believe Long Shadow Holsters use the blade tech WRS, which by all accounts is shite.

I think I am going to go and find a old SLS, kill it, take the hood, and then have a custom guy use that to make a custom duty holster for the Staccato P Duo.

Quote Originally Posted by gskip View Post
    I believe Long Shadow Holsters use the blade tech WRS, which by all accounts is shite.

I think I am going to go and find a old SLS, kill it, take the hood, and then have a custom guy use that to make a custom duty holster for the Staccato P Duo.
    Thanks for that info.

User Tag List