Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gen 5 Glocks, Compensators, and ALS Holsters

My initial goal in asking this was less about compensator performance and more about whether or not the ALS mechanism will hang up on a non-profiled compensator and a Gen 5 slide.

That said, right now I'm narrowing down my choices to a V1st barrel + Sparc-M Gen 5, or a full boat KKM Gen 5 barrel + comp. My only caveat is that I do not want to change the OEM recoil spring in order to get it to function with 115gr Fiocchi/Magtech/S&B ammo. Mac, have you had any experience running your setup with any of that ammo? If anyone has been using that ammo with the KKM setup and OEM springs, I'd love to hear from you too.

Site Supporter
    I have not run 115g through the Sparc-M/Victory 1st in the G45. I'll be hitting the range Friday morning and I'll throw some 115g in my range bag and let you know how it works out. I do have a KKM comp in a Gen 3 19 Roland Special build and had some teething issues running 115g through that. It was one of the Battlecomp/ATEI slide collaborations on an older Gen 3 frame. I had a lot of problems with that slide initially so I had to ditch the internals(they were all Zev I believe) and once I put factory guts in the slide and a new recoil spring in, those problem went away. So I can't say with any certainty if it was ammo related, spring issues, or what because I did a complete overhaul. No issues with that set up since. Obviously, I am a sample size of one, but that is my experience. Keep in mind, the Sparc-M is slightly shorter then the KKM comp, so there could be some holster difficulty.

Site Supporter
    I hit the range this morning with Brownell's V1st barrel/Sparc-M in the G45 and ran 200 rounds of 115 grain through it. I used what I had on hand which was a mix of Blazer, WWB, AE, and Fiocchi. No issues, although the recoil impulse felt different using 115 vs the 124/147 I had put through it before. I feel like the gun tracked flatter shooting hotter ammo. I don't have any definitive proof of that, I shot a handful of drills and there was no noticeable time difference between the ammo selections.

I also checked the fit of this set up in several different holsters and found that it worked in a Safariland 6354DO for a G34/X300 set up, a DSG Osiris for a G34, a Bladetech signature series G34, and JMCK George for a G34. It was a little too long to fit in my G17 length 6354DO, DSG Orion, and JMCK AIWB.

I should mention the inspiration behind putting this gun together was Hilton Yam's video on Glock comp's on the 10-8 Performance YouTube channel. Lot's of useful information in the video and worth checking out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-nVK1s3AxE&t=959s
    Last edited by Mac; 10-18-2019 at 08:40 PM.

User Tag List