Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 Glocks, Compensators, and ALS Holsters

Gen 5 Glocks, Compensators, and ALS Holsters

I picked up a G45 last week with the intent of turning it into a full-frame clone of my current G19.4 MOS - threaded barrel, Agency 417 single port comp, RDS, X300U. While looking at less expensive alternatives to the Blacklist barrel I used in my G19 (namely the Victory First models), I was told that using a Gen 5 Glock with an ALS holster and a compensator that doesn't follow the new beveled lines of the slide nose can cause issues.

Has anyone had first hand experience with this? I know Agency Arms tends to bevel the noses of their milled slides anyway, so I'm surprised I haven't heard of this being a problem with this specific compensator.

No first hand experience (yet), but I have seen reports that KKM’s newer comps follow the Gen 5 lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My KKM G19 barrel and comp ran well in my and friends' Gen 3 and 4 but would FTE in my19X. I didn't troubleshoot it or pursue it very far. YMMV
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    My KKM G19 barrel and comp ran well in my and friends' Gen 3 and 4 but would FTE in my19X. I didn't troubleshoot it or pursue it very far. YMMV
    Was it a Gen 5 specific KKM barrel/comp? There's a dimensional issue using Gen3/4 barrels in a gen 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    Was it a Gen 5 specific KKM barrel/comp? There's a dimensional issue using Gen3/4 barrels in a gen 5.
    It is several years old pre-gen 5. I’m aware of dimensional differences in some models but not re the G19.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    I'm running the Brownell's edition Victory First G19 threaded barrel in a G45 with an Arc Division Sparc-M comp. It's been a range toy for me, but have not had any issues with the 900 odd rounds I have through it. I've put 124g, 127g +p+, and 147g with no hiccups. I've run it from a 6354DO ALS without any issues. I'm taking to the range tomorrow morning and I'll confirm that.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 3937
Size:  22.5 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 1583
Size:  19.9 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 1176
Size:  19.5 KBName:  4.jpg
Views: 1140
Size:  19.9 KBName:  5.jpg
Views: 1489
Size:  17.3 KB

Site Supporter
    I'm running a Brownell's edition Victory First G19 threaded barrel in a G19 with an Arc Division Sparc-M comp. The Sparc-M is the single port comp and makes it that same length as a G34. I put it together as a range toy and may pickup a G19.5 MOS so I can swap slides and try it out with a dot. It has about 900 rounds of 124g and 147g FMJ and 127+p+ JHP through it with no issues so far, aside from the comp coming loose after the first 100 rounds I put through it. I attribute that to me not allowing the thread locker time to set on the screws before I shot it. That problem has not been repeated in following range sessions. I have run it from a 6354DO for a G34/X300U with no issues, I also used an open bottom Blade Tech G34 holster that gave me no issues. The comp itself does not follow the lines of a G34s muzzle so it would not work in my JMCK George for a 34. When I get home, I'll try it out in my DSG Osiris and see how that works.

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 1164
Size:  17.3 KBName:  4.jpg
Views: 1152
Size:  19.9 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 1173
Size:  19.5 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 1192
Size:  19.9 KBName:  1.jpg
Views: 1131
Size:  22.5 KB

Double checked memory - not in the case of G19s. Other models yes.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Double checked memory - not in the case of G19s. Other models yes.
    Normal Glock barrels yes, KKM barrels no.

I asked KKM if I could run my Gen3 Barrel/Comp in a Gen 5 and this was their response.

We do not recommend it as the slide can potentially run over the first thread of the thread pattern.
    We not make a Gen 5 specific barrel and comp combo.
    We have not been able to bring it up on the website yet.
    Can be ordered by calling the number in ym signature or by leaving a “Gen 5” comment when checking out through the website for a Gen 1-4 item.

Thank you,
    -Dan Wrightsman

Normal Glock barrels yes, KKM barrels no.

I asked KKM if I could run my Gen3 Barrel/Comp in a Gen 5 and this was their response.
    Whoa, thanks!

Is it your impression then the issue is with the dimensions used for the threads of the compensator barrel vis a vis Gen 5 slides; and that a KKM G19 barrel - not extended and threaded would be a separate question?
    Last edited by JHC; 10-14-2019 at 06:48 AM.

User Tag List