Thread: RMR RM04 question

RMR RM04 question

I just bought my second RM04 dual illumination RMR. The issue is that the second one is noticeably dimmer indoors in the same light than my first RM04.
    Has anyone seen this before? The RMR at issue's serial is about 3k higher than my first one. Both bought from Brownell's so I don't think I have a counterfeit. Any ideas other than a trip back to Trijicon?
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

By the same light conditions, do you mean low-light tritium dependent conditions or lighted, fiber optic conditions?
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Indoor, semi dark low light. So probably tritium powered. If I hit the fiber optic with a flashlight beam the dot brightens right up.
    Last edited by LtDave; 10-09-2019 at 08:19 PM.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Indoor, semi dark low light. So probably tritium powered. If I hit the fiber optic with a flashlight beam the dot brightens right up.
    If cleaning the "emitter" with an alcohol-covered cotton swab doesn't help... Trijicon may help. They likely have an acceptable range of output that recognizes tolerance-stacking in both the tritium and also the manufacture of the optic. You may have gotten lucky with an older optic that had a particularly luminescent batch of tritium and an emission pathway that, physically, has larger pathways through which the light is carried (slightly wider fiber optics, slightly wider emitter holes--just more generous by a few thousandths--etc). They also may be using a slightly different lens coating in newer optics.

Customer service will probably have to clear things up for you. Best of luck!
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

User Tag List