Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkish Incursion into Syria

Site Supporter
    We should have divided Iraq and let the Kurds have their third, gerrymandering the map to give them some oil resources. All the sabre rattling from Erdogan at the time got us nothing but what we have today, which was entirely foreseeable, unless you had a plan (Note: Hope is not a plan) to depose Erdogan.

Maybe Israel will welcome them. That would be an interesting partnership.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Tom Friedman has a good take: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/08/o...di-arabia.html

Basically no one in our set of allies will trust Trump. I've noted my less than favorable opinion of Trump. I don't care that he might be semi-protective of gun rights as that is all smoke and mirrors based on his random mentation. His tweet :

As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!).
    cannot be consider as anything that a rational president would say. Trump being Trump doesn't cut it unless you are in Trump Delusion Love Disorder.

Take a look at the fall of Saigon. The GOP leaders need to tell this man, that he should not run again. A rational GOP candidate can be found. However, they are scared of the small turnout primary of MAGA hat nuts kicking them out. I told Senator Cornyn that he has been cornyn-holed. Of course, he won't see that message.

If Friedman is correct, we will see a major war between Israel and Iran and who knows if Trump will do what?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Tom Friedman has a good take: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/08/o...di-arabia.html

Basically no one in our set of allies will trust Trump. I've noted my less than favorable opinion of Trump. I don't care that he might be semi-protective of gun rights as that is all smoke and mirrors based on his random mentation. His tweet :

cannot be consider as anything that a rational president would say. Trump being Trump doesn't cut it unless you are in Trump Delusion Love Disorder.

Take a look at the fall of Saigon. The GOP leaders need to tell this man, that he should not run again. A rational GOP candidate can be found. However, they are scared of the small turnout primary of MAGA hat nuts kicking them out. I told Senator Cornyn that he has been cornyn-holed. Of course, he won't see that message.

If Friedman is correct, we will see a major war between Israel and Iran and who knows if Trump will do what?
    Whatever Putin tells him to do.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    His tweet :

As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!).
    cannot be consider as anything that a rational president would say.
    I was so hoping that quote was fabricated, but no, of course it's real.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1181232251390042118
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I would not fault the Kurds at all for falling back, leaving the prisons unlocked, and somehow accidentally leaving behind a few truckloads of AKs and RPGs.

The United States of America has betrayed them because of a reportedly angry phone call by one autocrat (Erdrogan of Turkey) to a wannabee autocrat (Trump). Trump has shown himself to be as erratic and impulsive as his many detractors have always claimed.

The blowback from this bit of betrayal will be felt for decades. People around the world will know that the promises and security guarantees of the United States are not worth a tinker's damn. Expect both the Russians and the Chinese to exploit this for a very long time.

Our country's word is of no value.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Uhhh... Did we basically make the same mistake we did with the Taliban in Afghanistan back in the 80s?

Trump just stepped on his tiny johnson.......again. Is that even possible?
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-09-2019 at 02:59 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Uhhh... Did we basically make the same mistake we did with the Taliban in Afghanistan back in the 80s?
    More like with the Montagnards.

Turkey says now moving ground forces.
    https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4...northern-syria

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    More like with the Montagnards.
    All they got out of that deal was a gas guzzler and an empty lawn.

Name:  gran-torino.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  47.3 KB

User Tag List