Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkish Incursion into Syria

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    I think you meant this in another thread.

Note: reports are that Russian troops are now patrolling between Syrian and Turkish troops in former Kurd territory.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rces-on-border
    Let them sacrifice some blood and capital there for a few years/decades - maybe keep them out of trouble elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Let them sacrifice some blood and capital there for a few years/decades - maybe keep them out of trouble elsewhere.
    Indeed, after all its not been a strategic policy since 1950 to keep the Soviets, er Russians out of the ME or anything. Its not like thats why Turkey is in NATO in the first place.

You have to hand it to Putin. He did what no premier could do. Of course Khruschev faced Eisenhower, Breznev faced Nixon. Putin faced well never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    I think you meant this in another thread.

Note: reports are that Russian troops are now patrolling between Syrian and Turkish troops in former Kurd territory.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rces-on-border
    brain fart.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Let's wish them another Afghanistan-like adventure.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Let's wish them another Afghanistan-like adventure.
    Better them than us.

In the grand scheme of international predation, this is a minor event at best/worst.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    The seventy year old club of wisdom at lunch decided that if we were the leaders of Israel, Japan and South Korea we would start producing all the nuclear weapons we could. That is the only thing that has deterrent value in today's threat environment.

Certainly, not trust the USA to come to our rescue or even make a deterrent threat.

Taiwan is toast, just wait a few years. They should make a stronger deal but one like one that Hong Kong had for some kind of semi-autonomy. Might not be going well there now but you get the idea.

Personally, I'd kiss Turkey off. Needing to control the Bosphorus to prevent the Russian fleet from threatening the Suez canal is so old school British Empire. Let them be a Russian vassal state.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The seventy year old club of wisdom at lunch decided that if we were the leaders of Israel, Japan and South Korea we would start producing all the nuclear weapons we could.
    Estimates place Israel's warhead count between 100-400.

They may be good.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The seventy year old club of wisdom at lunch decided that if we were the leaders of Israel, Japan and South Korea we would start producing all the nuclear weapons we could. That is the only thing that has deterrent value in today's threat environment.

Certainly, not trust the USA to come to our rescue or even make a deterrent threat.

Taiwan is toast, just wait a few years. They should make a stronger deal but one like one that Hong Kong had for some kind of semi-autonomy. Might not be going well there now but you get the idea.

Personally, I'd kiss Turkey off. Needing to control the Bosphorus to prevent the Russian fleet from threatening the Suez canal is so old school British Empire. Let them be a Russian vassal state.
    Korea has no nukes... Is Japan even allowed to make nukes?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Turkey Holds 50 U.S. Nukes Hostage At Air Base according to Fox News.

Will Trump be more concerned by this or the prospect of Trump Towers Instanbul getting nationalized?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Korea has no nukes... Is Japan even allowed to make nukes?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    S. Korea had a nuke program but we pressured them and shut it down. The Japanese Constitution forbids such but times are changing. They are building up their first aircraft carriers with F-35s. They are originally helicopter carriers (wink, wink) but a size that allowed conversion. They supposedly have from their reactors enough plutonium for many nukes (wink, wink) and could field a weapon in 6 months. Abe wants to explicitly change their constitution to allow continued build up.

So my point is that with American alliances meaning nothing under Trump - I would max out my country's capabilities.

User Tag List