Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkish Incursion into Syria

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Maybe nukes all over the ME would lead to real attempts at lasting peace.

Or radioactive glass.

Probably one or the other.
    ...or both at once.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Why does the phrase "I am not a crook" keep running through my head?

Hey, with the global equivalent of the Vietnam police action going on, Trump as Nixon II may work out well thematically in our retro-era.

Except he told China to fuck off instead of giving 'em a nice tug job. Nice closure, that.

Fuck you Heinlein, with that World-as-Myth shit. Seems more plausible all the time.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Anyone else in an outrage mood?

Happened today in the WH. Trump lost his cool. Pressure is on over Syria debacle. GOP is pissed.

I'm thinking Trump is going to put the WH off limits to Nancy and Charlie. Shoot on sight.

Sometimes I think Pelosi plays the Trump violen.
    Oh, I dunno, based on reports and photo's, look like Nancy Pelosi is one who "lost his cool"
    Not as many in the GOP as you think.
    Syria debacle my ass. It's always a good time to leave in the ME.
    All these Fucking Chicken Hawks, from the left and the right, who think we need to leave a standing army in Syria, should go hop on the closest C-141 and go over there and start kicking doors. Show us the depth of their convictions. We have no Congressional mandate to be there anyhow. If Congress feels so strong about committing troops to Syria, let's get it on the official record. Who are we to try and depose Assad? We played that stupid game in Libya with the Muslim Brotherhood, that worked out swell.

Yep, we're sending Troops to Saudi for security purposes, and the Kingdom is footing the bill. That's a win right there, getting paid to help stabilize the region.

Maybe we can become the new Black Hawk Security Contracting services?
    Eric Prince for SecDef.!!!!!
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

So... Did the House of Representatives just vote that we should go to war with a NATO ally?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Anyone else in an outrage mood?

Happened today in the WH. Trump lost his cool. Pressure is on over Syria debacle. GOP is pissed.

I'm thinking Trump is going to put the WH off limits to Nancy and Charlie. Shoot on sight.

Sometimes I think Pelosi plays the Trump violen.
    Are Pelosi and Shumer a couple of your fav congress critters? Not sure what your point is?

I agree with some...when are these folks beating the war drums going to sign up....or send their kids over to set things right? Why not have a draft and go finish it if they're serious?

Thx
    Last edited by Redhat; 10-16-2019 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    ... should go hop on the closest C-141...
    You’re showing your age sir. Lol! Closest 141’s are in AMARC. Of course I jumped from one many years ago so I’m right there with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Are Pelosi and Shumer a couple of your fav congress critters? Not sure what your point is?

I agree with some...when are these folks beating the war drums going to sign up....or send their kids over to set things right? Why not have a draft and go finish it if they're serious?

Thx
    Nope. Nancy is from CA, Chuck is from NY. I don't live in either place and I didn't vote for either one of them. I didn't vote for the dem reps from this state. I do however recognize the fact that they hold those offices as representatives of the voters from this state just as Trump was elected by the voters in a presidential election.

To disparage duly elected representatives like Trump does is to disparage the constitution and the system of government set out in the constitution. Nobody elected Trump to run congress or the judiciary, both of which are just as important as the executive branch. Says so in the constitution.

I never heard Pelosi or Schumer saying Trump is a third rate president. They may think that but as a matter of respect for the office they treat him with the respect that he deserves, at least in their official capacity.

Nobody is beating "the war drums". Trump made a serious foreign policy blunder that's going to bite him in the ass. Hide and watch if you don't believe that. Do you have any idea why people from the state dept are lining up to give testimony to congress? They all must be anti American I guess.

I guess you also disagreed with the war in Afghanistan. Oh well, those Muslim terrorists are just going kill Americans no matter what we do. It's just how they roll.

I never did like passivists. They end up like the Jews in Nazi Germany. If you don't want to go to war, don't sign the damn contract. Nobody's putting a gun to your head.
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-16-2019 at 10:29 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Nope. Nancy is from CA, Chuck is from NY. I don't live in either place and I didn't vote for either one of them. I didn't vote for the dem reps from this state. I do however recognize the fact that they hold those offices as representatives of the voters from this state just as Trump was elected by the voters in a presidential election.

To disparage duly elected representatives like Trump does is to disparage the constitution and the system of government set out in the constitution. Nobody elected Trump to run congress or the judiciary, both of which are just as important as the executive branch. Says so in the constitution.

I never heard Pelosi or Schumer saying Trump is a third rate president. They may think that but as a matter of respect for the office they treat him with the respect that he deserves, at least in their official capacity.

Nobody is beating "the war drums". Trump made a serious foreign policy blunder that's going to bite him in the ass. Hide and watch if you don't believe that. Do you have any idea why people from the state dept are lining up to give testimony to congress? They all must be anti American I guess.

I guess you also disagreed with the war in Afghanistan. Oh well, those Muslim terrorists are just going kill Americans no matter what we do. It's just how they roll.

I never did like passivists. They end up like the Jews in Nazi Germany. If you don't want to go to war, don't sign the damn contract. Nobody's putting a gun to your head.
    Sure they are, they want to fight. You seriously believe Pelosi / Shumer haven't talked trash about President Trump? I hope there is a recording of today's meeting and it gets released.

BTW, I never said I disagreed with AFG...but how long do we plan to stay there and what does success look like? PS, you can stick that passivist crap where it belongs if that's directed at me. If not, I apologize in advance.
    Last edited by Redhat; 10-16-2019 at 11:15 PM.

Ahh... so apparently that letter is real... let that sink in for a minute... maybe let that sink in until 2020...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Oh, I dunno, based on reports and photo's, look like Nancy Pelosi is one who "lost his cool"
    Not as many in the GOP as you think.
    Syria debacle my ass. It's always a good time to leave in the ME.
    All these Fucking Chicken Hawks, from the left and the right, who think we need to leave a standing army in Syria, should go hop on the closest C-141 and go over there and start kicking doors. Show us the depth of their convictions. We have no Congressional mandate to be there anyhow. If Congress feels so strong about committing troops to Syria, let's get it on the official record. Who are we to try and depose Assad? We played that stupid game in Libya with the Muslim Brotherhood, that worked out swell.

Yep, we're sending Troops to Saudi for security purposes, and the Kingdom is footing the bill. That's a win right there, getting paid to help stabilize the region.

Maybe we can become the new Black Hawk Security Contracting services?
    Eric Prince for SecDef.!!!!!
    So the US Army is just a subcontractor of the KSA now? When did they become mercenaries for hire?

User Tag List