Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Turkish Incursion into Syria

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    You’re showing your age sir. Lol! Closest 141’s are in AMARC. Of course I jumped from one many years ago so I’m right there with you.
    It's all C-17s these days.

The Hercules is still solidering on.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post

The Hercules is still solidering on.
    Yes, they are.

I’m pretty busy at work these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    C-5s, C-17s and C-130s fly over my house all the time. If I'm working outside and see a C-5 in the distance, I grab my muffs. They are loud!

I saw one of the Antonovs at the Houston airport. That was HUUUUUGGGGEEE.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    C-5s, C-17s and C-130s fly over my house all the time. If I'm working outside and see a C-5 in the distance, I grab my muffs. They are loud!

I saw one of the Antonovs at the Houston airport. That was HUUUUUGGGGEEE.
    IAH? Yes, they are big aren't they. They look like flying whales.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Sure they are, they want to fight. You seriously believe Pelosi / Shumer haven't talked trash about President Trump? I hope there is a recording of today's meeting and it gets released.

BTW, I never said I disagreed with AFG...but how long do we plan to stay there and what does success look like? PS, you can stick that passivist crap where it belongs if that's directed at me. If not, I apologize in advance.
    The press wasn't in that meeting but there have been others that were aired. One I remember with Schumer, Pelosi and Trump. Both Schumer and Pelosi were respectful to Trump during that one. Trump has a habit of disrespecting and attacking people personally, it's just part of his DNA.

Just about everyone in Syria is fighting Ayman al-Zawahiri and his religious followers, including the US. He took over when Osama bin Laden was killed. Now we have this guy who wants desperately to attack the US again.

Then history would make a new turn, God willing, in the opposite direction against the empire of the United States and the world's Jewish government
    Ayman al-Zawahiri

That's the reason we went to AFG after 911 and the reason we had troops in Syria. You can't just leave al-Qaeda to spread in the ME or they end up here.

How long will we be there? Probably until al-Qaeda is put out of business which looks like a very long time given the recent turn of events in Syria.

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/artic...y-rising-ashes
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-17-2019 at 12:10 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Yes, they are.

I’m pretty busy at work these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They must have a very liberal allowance for posting online.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Oh, I dunno, based on reports and photo's, look like Nancy Pelosi is one who "lost his cool"
    Not as many in the GOP as you think.
    Syria debacle my ass. It's always a good time to leave in the ME.
    All these Fucking Chicken Hawks, from the left and the right, who think we need to leave a standing army in Syria, should go hop on the closest C-141 and go over there and start kicking doors. Show us the depth of their convictions. We have no Congressional mandate to be there anyhow. If Congress feels so strong about committing troops to Syria, let's get it on the official record. Who are we to try and depose Assad? We played that stupid game in Libya with the Muslim Brotherhood, that worked out swell.

Yep, we're sending Troops to Saudi for security purposes, and the Kingdom is footing the bill. That's a win right there, getting paid to help stabilize the region.

Maybe we can become the new Black Hawk Security Contracting services?
    Eric Prince for SecDef.!!!!!
    129 republicans voted in the house to rebuke Trump's withdrawal. Only 60 GOP holdouts. If my math is correct that's about two thirds of the house republicans that voted to rebuke Trump. Just for the record so we can get some clarity here.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    All these Fucking Chicken Hawks, from the left and the right, who think we need to leave a standing army in Syria, should go hop on the closest C-141 and go over there and start kicking doors.
    What if they have bone spurs? Is Doc Brown working on a Mr. Fusion C-141?

Yep, we're sending Troops to Saudi for security purposes, and the Kingdom is footing the bill. That's a win right there, getting paid to help stabilize the region.
    Didn't work out well for the World Trade Center. Or is the post just satirical?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post

Didn't work out well for the World Trade Center. Or is the post just satirical?
    It’s worked pretty well for Asia. To be sure those nations don’t directly pay us to secure their region, but our access to affordable consumer goods made in Taiwan, S. Korea, Japan and even China is dependent on US Military presence. Without the DoD, those countries would be working to settle VERY old scores, to the detriment of their citizens and ours.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    So you think those countries would have attacked us and had the same motivational structure to do so as Osama's crew? China is so dependent on US military presence that they are building a military that can equal ours in the Pacific region and maintain an outer ring of area denying defenses?

Huh?

User Tag List