Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkish Incursion into Syria

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Does it work like, "We started a fight, and seem to have bitten off more than we can chew. Come help!"
    It works like "we are activating Article 2 of the North Atlantic Treaty as we have been attacked by a foreign power. You are treaty bound to aid us against attack, up to and including declaring war."

Or we could ignore them and show NATO is paper tiger. Watch Poland and Germany go berserk re-arming and becoming nuclear powers in three months, assuming Russia doesn't invade them first for old time sake.

I doubt that will happen. Russia is making money selling stuff to Iran, Syria and Turkey and is now the definitive power in the region.

Israel has already made some moves to be more friendly with them. That is prudent.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Thats not how treaties work.
    I didn't really do a good job with my sarcasm did I?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'd feel more comfortable, in current climes, to say "that's not how treaties are supposed to work".
    Exactly my point, we are so beyond "how things are supposed to work" at this point who the hell knows what is going to happen next...

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I didn't really do a good job with my sarcasm did I?

Exactly my point, we are so beyond "how things are supposed to work" at this point who the hell knows what is going to happen next...
    Sorry, got me on that one.

Site Supporter
    So apparently ABC news used video from the 2017 Knob Creek Machine gun shoot in Kentucky and tried to pass it off as video of Turkish forces attacking the Kurds in Syria.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PolishPat...95628288827392

Last edited by HCM; 10-14-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So apparently ABC news used video from the 2017 Knob Creek Machine gun shoot in Kentucky and tried to pass it off as video of Turkish forces attacking the Kurds in Syria.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PolishPat...95628288827392

ABC? No way would they use that to enhance a story.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

As this develops, I'm not seeing how Bidens are not implicated in some kind of sweetheart deal in Ukraine.

If Bolton testifies (remember that Trump fired him also) it might be real bad for Shogun Joe. Bolton distanced himself from the monkey business early on. He thought Giuliani was/is a hand grenade and probably one of the reasons he jumped ship. He won't have anything good to say about Giuliani if he testifies, that's for sure.

Might as well expose all of the corruption and underhanded political deals for profit. Take out all the trash while we're at it.
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-15-2019 at 11:11 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    As this develops, I'm not seeing how Bidens are not implicated in some kind of sweetheart deal in Ukraine.

If Bolton testifies (remember that Trump fired him also) it might be real bad for Shogun Joe. Bolton distanced himself from the monkey business early on. He thought Giuliani was/is a hand grenade and probably one of the reasons he jumped ship. He won't have anything good to say about Giuliani if he testifies, that's for sure.

Might as well expose all of the corruption and underhanded political deals for profit. Take out all the trash while we're at it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post

I think you meant this in another thread.

Note: reports are that Russian troops are now patrolling between Syrian and Turkish troops in former Kurd territory.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rces-on-border

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post

Note: reports are that Russian troops are now patrolling between Syrian and Turkish troops in former Kurd territory.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rces-on-border
    No collusion...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    From BBC News:

Russia has said it will not allow clashes between Turkish and Syrian forces, as Turkey's military offensive in northern Syria continues.

"This would simply be unacceptable... and therefore we will not allow it, of course," said Moscow's special envoy for Syria, Alexander Lavrentyev.

Russia is a key military ally of Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad.

Russia's defence ministry said its forces, which have been deployed in Syria since 2015, were patrolling along the "line of contact" between Syrian and Turkish forces.

During a visit to the United Arab Emirates, Mr Lavrentyev described Turkey's offensive as "unacceptable".

He said that under previous agreements Turkey can only go 5-10km (3-6 miles) into Syria - far less than the 30km "safe zone" Ankara is proposing - and that Turkey has no right to permanently deploy its troops in the country. Syria is in contact with Turkey to avoid a conflict, he said.

Mr Lavrentyev also confirmed that Russia had helped to broker a deal between Kurds and Damascus that saw Kurdish-led forces cede territory to Syrian government troops in return for military support.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List