Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: LTT Centurion and Compact 92s

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Which MGW tool? There are three of them.
    There's a small MGW tool that's a unitasker for B92 rear sights. Then there's also the MGW Sight Pro that is universal assuming they make the appropriate shoe for whatever pistol you have. This one also can move front sights because the slide shoe for the B92 also comes with a delrin spacer to place on the open portion of the slide, which allows the top section of the tool with the pushing blocks to clamp down at an appropriate height. There's also a smaller model called the Rangemaster that I assume works similarly to the Sight Pro.

I have the Sight Pro and it is spendy, but worth it if you collect pistols of many different types and want the best tool for the job. It has multiple side clamps to secure the slide, plastic spacers to help protect the finish, ways to adjust the height of height of the pushing blocks, and even different pushing blocks for angled sights, low mounted sights, narrow sights, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    There's a small MGW tool that's a unitasker for B92 rear sights. Then there's also the MGW Sight Pro that is universal assuming they make the appropriate shoe for whatever pistol you have. This one also can move front sights because the slide shoe for the B92 also comes with a delrin spacer to place on the open portion of the slide, which allows the top section of the tool with the pushing blocks to clamp down at an appropriate height. There's also a smaller model called the Rangemaster that I assume works similarly to the Sight Pro.

I have the Sight Pro and it is spendy, but worth it if you collect pistols of many different types and want the best tool for the job. It has multiple side clamps to secure the slide, plastic spacers to help protect the finish, ways to adjust the height of height of the pushing blocks, and even different pushing blocks for angled sights, low mounted sights, narrow sights, etc.
    Yes, the Rangemaster works similar and they say it works on 95% of the guns, just doesn't have the depth of the full size Sight Pro (that one can buy the top as an upgrade). I bought the Rangemaster when I found it for what I frequently see the Wheeler go for.
    However, that still leaves the discontinued model that I believe the original poster was eluding to without providing a model number. The shoes from these one gun tools, do not transfer to the newer Rangemaster or Sight Pro's, unfortunately.

However, that still leaves the discontinued model that I believe the original poster was eluding to without providing a model number. The shoes from these one gun tools, do not transfer to the newer Rangemaster or Sight Pro's, unfortunately.
    I think it was this model that was being referenced initially. It's the unitasker product that only does B92 rears. Looks like it is still produced.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1007108957?pid=365797

On the newer B92s with front dovetails, I'd probably want to adjust the front since there is more room for adjustment. 2-3" at 15 yards is a lot, and the rear dovetail would be exposed if you drifted the rear sight enough to compensate for that.

Site Supporter

LTT Centurion and Compact 92s

Which MGW tool? There are three of them.
    I think this is the one I have. (Regrettably, I accumulated several of this style instead of buying the Pro model from the beginning)

https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...-prod8846.aspx

It’s task specific to the B92 rear sight, but it works really well.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    I think it was this model that was being referenced initially. It's the unitasker product that only does B92 rears. Looks like it is still produced.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1007108957?pid=365797

On the newer B92s with front dovetails, I'd probably want to adjust the front since there is more room for adjustment. 2-3" at 15 yards is a lot, and the rear dovetail would be exposed if you drifted the rear sight enough to compensate for that.

That product is currently in stock at lots of places. Still my understanding is it is discontinued so as stock dwindles.
    However, my question to the poster I quoted still stands. A bit pedantic want, requesting clarification by that poster.

LTT Centurion and Compact 92s

Quote Originally Posted by texag View Post
    Anyone know how I could snap my fingers and make my WC compact carry into an LTT compact, which is the freaking exact gun the WC CC should've been from the start?
    If possible, I’m thinking of sending my WC Compact Carry to Langdon to have him deck it out in NP3, do a trigger job, etc. Then I’d like to order a decked out LTT Centurion with a mag guide.

Edit to add: Don’t know if it’s really worth it to send the Compact in as I don’t think it’ll ever really have the sights I want it to. I might just start with a new Centurion as a carry gun.. or a Compact LTT. Shit, back to this dilemma again..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmc_k9_vet; 04-03-2020 at 05:07 AM.
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Student
    Mickey stopped by in our great state and made a behind-the-scenes video at LTT.

There are also two extra videos on maintainance and NP3.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Mickey stopped by in our great state and made a behind-the-scenes video at LTT.

There are also two extra videos on maintainance and NP3.
    The video on maintenance was very informative. Pro tip: don't use Hoppe's to clean your entire pistol.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
    If possible, I’m thinking of sending my WC Compact Carry to Langdon to have him deck it out in NP3, do a trigger job, etc. Then I’d like to order a decked out LTT Centurion with a mag guide.

Edit to add: Don’t know if it’s really worth it to send the Compact in as I don’t think it’ll ever really have the sights I want it to. I might just start with a new Centurion as a carry gun.. or a Compact LTT. Shit, back to this dilemma again..
    New LTT Centurion would give you a top end with the good sights that you could swap onto your Compact frame whenever you felt the need. That seems like the shortest path to having both options.

Anyone know the height of the stock fiber optic sight, or have a tritium replacement front sight recommendation? I like the factory rear sight, drive the dot is OK, tip of front sight would be preferable.

User Tag List