Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: LTT Centurion and Compact 92s

It is very easy to make an fs into a D functionally. Just remove the sear, sear pin, and sear spring. But you still have the fs levers on the slide and I don't think you can go to the one piece firing pin.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    It is very easy to make an fs into a D functionally. Just remove the sear, sear pin, and sear spring. But you still have the fs levers on the slide and I don't think you can go to the one piece firing pin.

Does the FP cause any issues?

Not not really. W/ a skeleton hammer a 12# hammer spring will ignite most ammo. Apparently w/ the D one piece firing pin you can get away w/ an 11# hammer spring.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Not not really. W/ a skeleton hammer a 12# hammer spring will ignite most ammo. Apparently w/ the D one piece firing pin you can get away w/ an 11# hammer spring.
    This may or may not apply to the 92, but I found that to reliably ignite hard-primer ammo like Winchester NATO-spec stuff, I needed the next heavier weight spring in my PX4 D.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    This may or may not apply to the 92, but I found that to reliably ignite hard-primer ammo like Winchester NATO-spec stuff, I needed the next heavier weight spring in my PX4 D.
    Agreed. In my IDPA 92 I run an NP3 TJIB, a skeleton hammer, and a 12# spring and I shoot either Federal or CCI Independence aluminum ammo only. In our defense 92s w/ skeleton hammer I run 13#. The old Centurian, which still has the stock solid hammer to maintain it's old school look, gets a 14# spring. I have a a PX4c that I put a D spring in and it's fine but that is all I have tried. Ernest says you can run an 11#, I think because the geometry is a little different from a 92 but you need to be careful w/ ammo. He did his 50,000 rnd test w/ a 12# IRRC.
    Last edited by CraigS; 12-04-2019 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Thank you for this info.

This was mentioned earlier in the thread, is it possible to convert a 92FS to a 92D?
    It would depend on what you wanted for a slide. The first D model guns that Beretta made were DS basically. They had normal 92FS safety levers but a spurless hammer and no sear. Making a 92FS into a double action only gun is as simple as taking the sear out, but.... it would not be a true D model without the slick/no safety slide, spurless hammer, 16# hammer spring, and the bushing that replaces the decocking lever in the frame.

If you wanted to make a gun Double Action only without changing the slide, I would recommend at least getting a D model spurless hammer. Then it is just a matter of taking the sear out and replacing the frame decoking lever with some kind of spacer. The decocking lever just kind of flops around in there when no sear is in place.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Some Show and Tell......my 92D Centurion. I sent this to EL for trigger work, he called about something after he had it on his bench and I asked him how it turned out....Ernest " just like a well tuned K frame". What a sweet shooting DA.

Nice grips too !
    Last edited by Geno; 12-05-2019 at 10:35 PM. Reason: ommission

Hey, can I play, too? 92D Centurion w/ TJIAB, a 20-shot K-frame is not too shabby. My most recent ex kept it close when I wasn’t around, and I think it’ll end up as a Christmas present for my sister.

Those Langdon parts are fan-tastic in this blaster. Nothing else dry-fires like this piece.

Name:  96124200-253A-4101-9569-AA14329EBFC5.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  85.8 KB

Name:  552BE3D8-C742-4926-82A4-79FF09238BB2.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  93.3 KB
    Last edited by Bergeron; 12-05-2019 at 10:23 PM.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Same for me.
    LTT posted that this was NOT going to be a thing. One off. Hugely disappointed. Business is business though. Suppose the demand is not there.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    LTT posted that this was NOT going to be a thing. One off. Hugely disappointed. Business is business though. Suppose the demand is not there.

Oh yeah, I understand his point, and Beretta's point. They have to make money, and I am glad they are both making a good product.

I'll survive.

Though I am happy to know a 92 DAO can be created from current production guns.

User Tag List