Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: LTT Centurion and Compact 92s

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    Bingo. It will function but vastly accelerate wear on the barrel, slide, frame, etc. We advise against it.
    I measured the barrel front lug length on my full size as about 11.93mm and on my compact as about 11mm. Interesting what that <1mm of difference will make. The lug on the full size barrel can fit fully inside the slot in the compact frame, but since it is free to move slightly when the locking block unlocks, it can be just far enough forward where the lug gets tapped by the inside of the slide recoil spring shroud when moving back as it does under recoil. With the correct compact barrel, I am not able to make the slide recoil spring shroud and front barrel lug contact inappropriately at all.

I may be the only one on PF that prefers this, but I would buy the Centurion if it did NOT have the rail. (Same reason I didn't buy the Wilson Centurion.)

If there is ever the option for one without a rail, I would be in.

They look very nice, though!

Best.

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    I may be the only one on PF that prefers this, but I would buy the Centurion if it did NOT have the rail. (Same reason I didn't buy the Wilson Centurion.)

If there is ever the option for one without a rail, I would be in.

They look very nice, though!

Best.
    I wouldn't mind that. I can kind of take the rail or leave it, especially on the compact. In fact, I have found that guns with rails on them tend to have much more friction when drawing from a leather holster. Anyone else experience this? My compact from a Milt Sparks VM2 draws and re-inserts nicely.

Speaking of leather holsters, who all builds one for the Centurion with rail? Milt Sparks? I am thinking of ordering a Centurion (with the compact, spurless hammer) and would like to get a holster or two in the works for it. I prefer leather. Milt Sparks is kind of my go-to for leather, but I'm also a big fan of 5 Shot, Del Fatti, Warbird, Nightingale, and TT Gunleather. Thoughts?
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Just pre ordered the compact with spartan sights. Thank you LTT.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    I mentioned up thread I’ve been advised any holster for the 92 with rail will work with the compact and that should entail the centurion as well. I own Kramer horsehide leather and jmck kydex.

I shoot matches with my Kramer leather and don’t find the friction to be much more than kydex, fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
    I wouldn't mind that. I can kind of take the rail or leave it, especially on the compact. In fact, I have found that guns with rails on them tend to have much more friction when drawing from a leather holster. Anyone else experience this? My compact from a Milt Sparks VM2 draws and re-inserts nicely.

Speaking of leather holsters, who all builds one for the Centurion with rail? Milt Sparks? I am thinking of ordering a Centurion (with the compact, spurless hammer) and would like to get a holster or two in the works for it. I prefer leather. Milt Sparks is kind of my go-to for leather, but I'm also a big fan of 5 Shot, Del Fatti, Warbird, Nightingale, and TT Gunleather. Thoughts?

Guys, you all need to help me out. Order these things, get all of them naught up so Beretta sees the demand and outs them on a regular sku. I'm six months out from having all the funds that won't be used up by family needs. I owe my wife a S&W 642, per her request for a new carry gun, so my gun fund is covered until that happens.

I really hope these do well. With the compact coming with 15 round magazines, I see no reason to look at G19 sized poly guns. People need options and Mr. Langdon pushing out 92s ready for more modern use, I hope he sees real support through purchases. I realized a while back I'm a hand gun guy in a rifle family. And I'm the all metal, not poly guy amung my pistol friends.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

For a guy stretching to buy one, how much is the 250 for NP3 really worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    I bought the LTT PX4 compact carry with the trigger job, and the LTT Elite 92g with the trigger job only.
    I also pre-ordered the new LTT Compact with the trigger job, Spartan sights and the optimized trigger bar, I think it may be worth it but it's not something that interest me.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Worth it to me for corrosion resistance and durability primarily, since I’m in a rainy part of the country. It also feels quite nice on the trigger job, but that’s not the main reason I got it.

id say if you are stretching yourself to buy the pistol the NP3 is not worth the extra expense. if the extra $250 on top of the gun is no big deal for you, the NP3 would then be worth the extra doe.

i'm in the same boat as you, im stretching a tad to pick up the compact and i opted not to go with the NP3. i acknowledge i does aid performance in some ways but i still put it more into the luxury category. i have it on my compact carry and it is nice in many ways but when i shoot it next to my standard px4 compact with similar upgrade i honestly cant tell the difference in the feel of the trigger.

User Tag List