Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: LTT Centurion and Compact 92s

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    Ballistic Radio host John Johnston teased that he has the only 92D Elite LTT in existence just recently.

-Cory
    Did you take it this was first of a reintroduction?

Quote Originally Posted by liliana2 View Post
    Can anyone share their experience of shooting with the Elite Ltt 92G Compact?
    I care about the usual opinion
    Mine shoots a little bit lower than point of aim at 50 feet, so I think I will search for a taller rear sight. Langdon does offer a different set of sights, which I did not get.

The short Compact magazine that holds 15 rounds is a marvel. It is apparently made by MecGar for Beretta. Langdon did a video on how they pack more rounds into the Compact magazine. MecGar is also making a B92 full size magazine that holds 18 rounds, and I have been using several of those for a year, and the spring on one of them got tired, and the slide will not lock back after the last round. I do have worries about the durability of the springs on these higher capacity/same size magazines. Magazines from a 92 full size latch in normally in the Compact. Beretta sells a filler piece you can fit over the top of a full size magazine, so there's no gap when used in the shorter compact. I wish Mr Langdon could get MecGar to sell replacement magazine springs for the Compact 15 and full size 18 round magazines (CZ sells a replacement spring for the 18 round full size MecGar mag, and I've gotten them, but have not tested them yet).

Get the full trigger job done by Langdon. I have several Beretta 92 pistols with trigger jobs by Langdon, and several other Beretta 92 pistols with his Trigger Job In A Bag, and there is a difference that is large enough for me to sense. IIRC he is using a 13 pound hammer/mainspring in these Compact pistols. The Beretta standard spring is 20+ pounds, which is way heavier than necessary. Beretta uses a 16 pound hammer/main spring in the DAO 92G, which gives much nicer DA trigger pulls in the 92FS or 92G. For 6 months I have been using a 12 pound hammer/main spring in several 92G pistols that have either the Wilson or Langdon improved trigger bars, with no ignition problems in 9mm, even with hard Russian primed ammo. Using such springs drops the DA pull weight from about 12 pounds to less than 7 pounds. I read of people claiming no ignition problems using an 11 pound hammer/mainspring, if they use Federal primers, but I have not tried the 11 pound spring.

With the 12 pound hammer/main spring, Langdon trigger bar and TJIAB, and a .22 practice kit mounted on a B92, I do have ignition problems with .22 CCI SV. I continue to have some .22 ignition problems with 13 pound. I am still experimenting with heavier springs.

Langdon offers NP3 coatings for parts, or the whole pistol. I do have a NP3-type coated B92 pistol, which I did because the pistol was really ugly, and to see if it slicked up and or made it easier to clean. There may be an improvement in slickness of the parts meshing, or ease of cleaning. I did put a NP3 coated TJIAB and extended mag release on that pistol, and had no problems with fit caused by the coating.

I wish it did not have the rail. Holstering it in a IWB leather holster seems to always take more force than the non-railed, and to push the slide back slightly, to the first hammer click if I do not have my thumb on the hammer as I holster. It also requires a different holster than the non-railed pistols. For a relatively deep concealment pistol, can you conceive of putting a light on its rail, and holstering all of that? I may have the rail removed from the Compact pistol I got from Langdon, and maybe the Centurion also. Maybe the rail belongs there on the full size.

I believe I will experiment with different magazine floor plates for the Compact magazine, in particular a flat one. The Compact comes with magazines that have a finger extension. I carried a .380 PPK for years, and don't think the mag finger extension mags improved control over flat mag floor plates. I don't live in a State where a concealed pistol "printing" is a violation, and I always wear loose robes or suit coats, but I try not to advertise.

I have big hands, so the girth of the 92 with standard grips is not a problem for me, I like my hand full. Langdon has much thinner grips on his Berettas. I don't mind the thinner girth. I still shoot the his pistols well.

Always think about what you are going to do with a pistol before buying it. Buying it just to look at is still a good enough reason. The Compact is a fair amount smaller than full size or Centurion sized, but thanks to the Wondermag, has most of the weight, but you don't HAVE to to carry 15 in the magazine.

I'm glad I bought each of the three pistols, and would do it again in an instant.
    Last edited by NuJudge; 12-02-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Did you take it this was first of a reintroduction?
    I think it was intentionally vague.

In case you can't see the instagram post I'll put it in text. The exact quote from the instagram post was:

Name:  Screenshot_20191202-214801_Instagram.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  28.9 KB

Oh look, the only @langdontactical LTT 92D currently in existence. Thing has a 5.25 pound DAO trigger. It's stupid nice. #19RoundKframe
    When asked why no FCS, he said he didn't care for them much. This implied it was a new gun built by Langdon and not a franken gun. I don't know if it'll be a come back. I would be suprised if it's anything other than a feeler, but that's based entirely on my perception of DAO's lack of popularity. Looks like @Doc_Glock is in for one though.

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 12-02-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I think it was intentionally vague.

In case you can't see the instagram post I'll put it in text. The exact quote from the instagram post was:

Name:  Screenshot_20191202-214801_Instagram.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  28.9 KB

When asked why no FCS, he said he didn't care for them much. This implied it was a new gun built by Langdon and not a franken gun. I don't know if it'll be a come back. I would be suprised if it's anything other than a feeler, but that's based entirely on my perception of DAO's lack of popularity. Looks like @Doc_Glock is in for one though.

-Cory
    Thanks. The "currently" in existence makes me hope this will be a thing.
    Last edited by Willard; 12-02-2019 at 09:58 PM.

Site Supporter
    Though I would prefer no rail, but I’ll take any 92D.

Compacts, Centurions, Ds... what I’d love to see are Type M pistols (G model, please).

The lack of front serrations makes me think that is probably a frankengun. All it'd be is converting the frame over to a D (a couple parts I if I remember right) and laying hands on a 92D Vertec slide (thats a bit trickier). Still pretty sick though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Manbearspider View Post
    The lack of front serrations makes me think that is probably a frankengun. All it'd be is converting the frame over to a D (a couple parts I if I remember right) and laying hands on a 92D Vertec slide (thats a bit trickier). Still pretty sick though.

I thought converting to a D gun was more complicated. Maybe I’m wrong since I’m not familiar with the conversions.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Thanks. The "currently" in existence makes me hope this will be a thing.
    LTT Compact 92, D configuration, no rail -- my ideal double-stack 9mm S&W K-frame.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    LTT Compact 92, D configuration, no rail -- my ideal double-stack 9mm S&W K-frame.
    Same for me.

User Tag List