Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: LTT Centurion and Compact 92s

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Why not at 25 yards?
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Quote Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
    Why not at 25 yards?
    What is it with Marines and reading comprehension?

My main reasons for carrying a larger Beretta have come from two secondary topics:
    1.) The checkering on the compact frames I had (unless you have it done somewhere), lent itself to a slippery grip.
    2.) The fixed front sights weren't very well regulated with the stock sights or the WC sights I had made. There just wasn't enough market to make a lower (.250") sight for the centurion/compact pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    What is it with Marines and reading comprehension?
    Sooooo what I'm gathering is the checkering and sights do not lend them to be sweet shooters at 25 yards?
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    If the LTT compact shoots at 25 like my pc4ccs, it’ll be good.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
    Sooooo what I'm gathering is the checkering and sights do not lend them to be sweet shooters at 25 yards?
    Wow, you hoarked down a red, blue, yellow, and purple crayon for lunch today I see...

As per his point #2, the sights are not very well regulated for desired POI at 25 yds on the box stock 92 Compact. Although, as Les pointed out, because the Elite LTT Compact has dovetailed front and rear sights, this issue is a thing of the past on that model.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Wow, you hoarked down a red, blue, yellow, and purple crayon for lunch today I see...

As per his point #2, the sights are not very well regulated for desired POI at 25 yds on the box stock 92 Compact. Although, as Les pointed out, because the Elite LTT Compact has dovetailed front and rear sights, this issue is a thing of the past on that model.
    Sorry man I’ve got a couple of Berettas, but sometimes it’s hard to sift through all of the differences between all the different 92s that are out there - WC vs LTT vs 92x vs etc. - and which ones have which kinds of sights etc.

Thanks for the info all. Glad to hear the sights on the LTT models are an improvement over some other models out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a former Army guy, I enjoy picking on the misguided children of uncle sam too. But we could probably give the guy a break.

I'm possibly on board for a compact sometime in the distant future. My question, is how much better do these conceal for folks? Does anyone have any comparison photos with a common cover garment? I'm 6' 185lb.

I'm wondering if a compact is worth pursuing if I already carry a full size. If the concealment with one of the big 3 (Keepers, JMCK, DSG) is significantly better I'd think about an carry gun change.

Eitherway it's a year out at best for me. What I have is working, so no urgent need for change. And I have other plans that take priority.

-Cory

LTT Centurion and Compact 92s

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    As a former Army guy, I enjoy picking on the misguided children of uncle sam too. But we could probably give the guy a break.

I'm possibly on board for a compact sometime in the distant future. My question, is how much better do these conceal for folks? Does anyone have any comparison photos with a common cover garment? I'm 6' 185lb.

I'm wondering if a compact is worth pursuing if I already carry a full size. If the concealment with one of the big 3 (Keepers, JMCK, DSG) is significantly better I'd think about an carry gun change.

Eitherway it's a year out at best for me. What I have is working, so no urgent need for change. And I have other plans that take priority.

-Cory
    I don’t know if this helps as it sounds like you may carry appendix and our body types sound quite different. I carry at 3-3:30 in a Milt Sparks VM2 and I’m 5’9” (on a good day) and weigh 215. Muscular build, but the crayons have, over the years, migrated to my midsection. Here are some comparison photos:

92G Brig Tac

92G Brig Tac

92G Compact

92G Compact

From the front, really no difference in concealment for me due to the position I carry. Anything is only really noticeable if I bend way over like I did a couple of posts ago. That’s the only time, for me, that the Compact really wins in concealment over the Brig Tac. The Milt Sparks VM2 holds the gun high and tight to the body.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmc_k9_vet; 10-19-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Just pre-ordered the Centurion version with the optimized trigger bad and Langdon's trigger job. I'm looking forward to see how it compares to my Wilson Brig Tac with their trigger job. I know Langdon was the one who taught the smith's at Wilson. After shooting my buddy's Elite LTT and comparing it to the Brig Tac, they were similar but just a tad different.

Plan to use this guy for USPSA as well. It should be legal I believe with the trigger bar since its a option from the factory.
    Last edited by BCWood64; 10-20-2019 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post

-Cory
    Since you AIWB, I think you may dig it...

The thickness of the slide/lever is going to be the same (why mine have single-sided levers) and that is probably the most "protrusive" part of CCW'ing the 92.

The shorter handles helps just a little bit with concealment...

Ultimately, the gun isn't *that* different from the full-size, which is nice, really...

User Tag List