Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: LTT Centurion and Compact 92s

Does the compact take the standard hammer springs? On my full size LTT I have a #12 spring with the enhanced trigger bar and that is the sweet spot as far as I'm concerned and I'd like to replicate it on the compact I'm about to pre order.

Site Supporter
    Is a standard size barrel compatible with the centurion/compact slides?

Because if it is it’d be an interesting experiment to bore out the front of a standard barrel (to maybe .38 or .39 so you don’t get jacket/ lead shavings) for maybe inch and port it similar to the old beretta 93 barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    Does the compact take the standard hammer springs? On my full size LTT I have a #12 spring with the enhanced trigger bar and that is the sweet spot as far as I'm concerned and I'd like to replicate it on the compact I'm about to pre order.
    Yes. The spring cap/lanyard loop is shortened on the inside to account for the difference in grip height.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Is a standard size barrel compatible with the centurion/compact slides?

Because if it is it’d be an interesting experiment to bore out the front of a standard barrel (to maybe .38 or .39 so you don’t get jacket/ lead shavings) for maybe inch and port it similar to the old beretta 93 barrels.
    My 92FS barrel dropped into my 92FS compact OK, just sticks out more. The locking block looks the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Anyone have experience with the carry bevel and/or spartan sights? Getting mighty close to clicking that order button...
    Couple of pictures in various threads, that I keep going back to:
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...al-92!/page159

Same gun, different thread.

In the above forum, there is a member (signature is if your going to be a bear, be a grizzly), that I remember him having a question about the beavertail, as his handsize makes the full sized gun, look like a compact and he was getting cut there. I think someone like that or someone who puts high round count/regular classes, would benefit with the carry bevel. Most of the beveling I see, is going to be covered by the holster, or I would be using/shooting the PX4, which is my carry preference. (already more rounded)
    And the money saved on the carry bevel, went toward the other sized LTT. (lost a gun auction and a friends wife was going to sell a pistol for a surprise for her husband, and I was a day late, so both those timed this right)

I have the fiber optic sights on the full size Elites (range pistol and backup), but choose Spartan's on either I might carry. (work nights)

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    My 92FS barrel dropped into my 92FS compact OK, just sticks out more. The locking block looks the same.
    The barrels are different - the front lug/rail is cut shorter on the compact barrels... I don't think this is recommended... @e_stern

Site Supporter
    Do NOT do this.

Locking blocks are the same. Barrel lugs are different.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    User preference, but no, since most prefer FO for competition.
    I trust GJM to know, and he’s several orders of magnitude better than I. I like night sights and carry one of these all the time, plus the orange front is a lot like sights on my PX4CCs. So I like em. Do they slow me down at matches ? Idk, but I like competing with what I carry. But I’m just an IDPA SS working to get better, nothing more.
    Last edited by Medusa; 10-15-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    The barrels are different - the front lug/rail is cut shorter on the compact barrels... I don't think this is recommended... @e_stern
    Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    Do NOT do this.

Locking blocks are the same. Barrel lugs are different.
    Thanks for the correction. I'm looking at it more closely and do see that the front lug is a little shorter on the compact barrel. I did not fire it in this configuration, only checked to see if it would drop in. What kind of damage could result from use in that configuration?

I know that using a compact/centurion slide on a full size frame is said to accelerate frame wear because of insufficient slide travel and higher slide velocity during recoil. I'm guessing that the issue with a full size barrel in a compact/centurion pistol is that because the front lug is longer on the full size barrel, it runs the risk of being battered by the slide during recoil if it is used in a compact/centurion frame?

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the correction. I'm looking at it more closely and do see that the front lug is a little shorter on the compact barrel. I did not fire it in this configuration, only checked to see if it would drop in. What kind of damage could result from use in that configuration?

I know that using a compact/centurion slide on a full size frame is said to accelerate frame wear because of insufficient slide travel and higher slide velocity during recoil. I'm guessing that the issue with a full size barrel in a compact/centurion pistol is that because the front lug is longer on the full size barrel, it runs the risk of being battered by the slide during recoil if it is used in a compact/centurion frame?
    Bingo. It will function but vastly accelerate wear on the barrel, slide, frame, etc. We advise against it.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

User Tag List