Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brownells is killin' the game, Wrenchman MLOK free float handguards for $99.99-109.99

Brownells is killin' the game, Wrenchman MLOK free float handguards for $99.99-109.99

From their retro line to the modern rendition of the Colt 4x20 carry handle optic, I'm really digging a lot of what Brownells has been doing lately. They're available in 10.5", 12.625", and 15". I just ordered the 10.5" version, should be here Thursday or Friday. I'm gonna pair it with a blem Aero stripped lower and upper I bought and will report back once it gets here.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod124921.aspx
    Last edited by Casual Friday; 10-08-2019 at 05:52 PM.

They're making it hard for me to stick to my "I've got the builds I want, time to focus on other stuff" plan...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

That’s pretty cool.

I do wish they included integral add sockets at the front and rear. Yes, I realize that might make it cost more, and yes, I realize you can add them to the hand guard, but I can still wish it had them.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    That’s pretty cool.

I do wish they included integral add sockets at the front and rear. Yes, I realize that might make it cost more, and yes, I realize you can add them to the hand guard, but I can still wish it had them.
    That, and some sort of anti rotation tab on the handguard, but with the bolts going through the barrel nut that will likely not be a problem like it is on handguards with just pinch bolts.

I have a leftover BCM qd MLOK attachment that came with my MCMR rail that I'm not using but I do prefer integral qd sockets.

The only other rail that is of good quality at that price point of $10 per inch is the Larue LAT, which does come with an integral qd socket at the rear, but less MLOK slots and the top pic rail doesn't bridge the gap over the barrel nut to the receiver, which is mostly aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    That, and some sort of anti rotation tab on the handguard, but with the bolts going through the barrel nut that will likely not be a problem like it is on handguards with just pinch bolts.

I have a leftover BCM qd MLOK attachment that came with my MCMR rail that I'm not using but I do prefer integral qd sockets.

The only other rail that is of good quality at that price point of $10 per inch is the Larue LAT, which does come with an integral qd socket at the rear, but less MLOK slots and the top pic rail doesn't bridge the gap over the barrel nut to the receiver, which is mostly aesthetic.
    my preference is for QD, rotation limited, sockets as far to the rear as possible, and far to the front as possible, on both sides.

Just 'cause I'm wishy-washy like that.

ETA:
    but for the cost of this thing from Brownells, i can probably be pretty flexible, haha
    Last edited by rob_s; 10-09-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the heads-up on this thing...I hadn't noticed it on their site.

Had my Brownell's cart loaded yesterday with an M.I. Combat rail for a new upper build and almost submitted the order...now have a Wrenchman headed this way.

Looks like it's made by PWS...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex1z...w&index=2&t=0s
    Last edited by kwb377; 10-10-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up on this thing...I hadn't noticed it on their site.

Had my Brownell's cart loaded yesterday with an M.I. Combat rail for a new upper build and almost submitted the order...now have a Wrenchman headed this way.

Looks like it's made by PWS...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex1z...w&index=2&t=0s
    Thanks for pointing that out, I forgot to mention that in my first post.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. Midwest Industries rails leave a lot to be desired and they have a history of being shitty with customers.

These look interesting and certainly have an attractive price point. There's a few things that make it a no go for me but it's hard to believe you can make this in the USA at that price.

Vending Machine Operator
    Always nice to have more options.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    These look interesting and certainly have an attractive price point. There's a few things that make it a no go for me but it's hard to believe you can make this in the USA at that price.
    That's why it's so rad to be living in 2019, we have more and better options than ever before. They are made in the USA.

User Tag List