Thread: RFI: JMCK universal vs. Vedder Light tuck

RFI: JMCK universal vs. Vedder Light tuck

Hi folks! I plan to buy an IWB holster for a Glock 43 soon. I have narrowed my choices down between the two holsters in the title and would very much appreciate any info/opinions regarding quality/comfort/differences from members who have experience with both. I plan on wearing this strong side with and without belt depending on clothing. This will be my first holster other than an el cheapo gun show OWB Nylon thingie I was given for free, so I don’t even know what I don’t know and all input is welcome. Thank you all.

Site Supporter
    JM is highly regarded around here.

All I wear pretty much are JM Custom holsters for aiwb. I've never tried the universal, but I am sure it is great. I've also had vedder light tuck and they were good as well. Probably be a lot less of a lead time on a vedder, unless you choose a quick ship item on JM custom.

I'm a fan of JM as well.

FYI... carrying without a belt may be more challenging than you expect. It's possible, and the JM Universal (particularly with a utiliclip) is designed to serve that purpose--but it's a significant compromise. IMHO you should view belt-free carry as appropriate on rare occasions only. You should be carrying with a belt 95% of the time.

With that in mind, you might also look at a JMCK IWB 3 with snap loops for strong side carry, and at the AIWB/Wing Claw for appendix carry. I suspect you'd be happier with this when using a belt, than with a Universal with/without a belt.

Wrong place to ask this question, lol I’m actually a big fan of the vedder aiwb light tuck holster. I have at least 10 JMC’s holsters and they don’t take a back seat to any holster, but the vedder is the only other holster that I’ll wear, other than JMC. The discrete clips are really solid but I’ll be honest, they can be a pain the arce sometimes taking them off. Vedder is my “simple” go to and find myself using it quite a bit and very comfortable as well.

Thanks for the replies guys!

My thinking with these two holsters is that being adjustable for ride height and cant will maybe help me determine what I like in those regards, and could be worn with gym shorts which I wear often while walking or day hiking. looks like both are quality makers and I need to just jump in and buy one.

User Tag List