Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: P30 with RDS/PMO

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    Sorry to resurrect an older threat, but is anyone taking over where Mark at L&M left off for H&K's?

He seemed to have the best method of affixing an optic to an H&K slide.
    I plan to move forward with Wright Armory for my third P30LS, who were mentioned earlier in this thread. Not sure when that'll happen, as I'm waiting on my OEM threaded barrels first, but I'll get around to it eventually. I drove up to them awhile back to have them check out my current guns, and they seemed confident that they would be able to replicate, or perhaps even improve, on what Mark had did to mount my ACROs with the rear sight behind the optic (I wanted to keep the rear sight behind the optic specifically to have an identical sight picture with all my guns).

@Default.mp3

Do you have a pic of the gun with the Acro mounted? Does it require an adapter plate?

@Default.mp3

Do you have a pic of the gun with the Acro mounted? Does it require an adapter plate?
    The way Mark did it required adapter plates. I would think that the Wright Armory execution with the rear sight behind the optic would also need an adapter plate; not sure if rear sight is in front. Mark did say that direct mount was in theory possible, but have voids under the optic, so not exactly desirable from an environmental POV.

Co-witnessed:

Dot centered:

Dawson 0.365" front sight. Ameriglo 0.360" rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    The way Mark did it required adapter plates. I would think that the Wright Armory execution with the rear sight behind the optic would also need an adapter plate; not sure if rear sight is in front. Mark did say that direct mount was in theory possible, but have voids under the optic, so not exactly desirable from an environmental POV.

Co-witnessed:

Dot centered:

Dawson 0.365" front sight. Ameriglo 0.360" rear.
    Nice U2.

@Default.mp3

Does Wright Armory plan to do a plate similar to Mark's?

I'd really prefer my sights to the rear of the optic (personal preference).

Nice touch having the mag loaded backwards.

@Default.mp3

I’ve been e-mailing back and forth with Jeff Downs, the customer service rep at Wright, about mating an Acro to a P226, and he said they’re working on developing their own plates, including some with integrated rear sights. He’s a little slow to respond, but has been very helpful when he does, so you might reach out to him? They seem like they can be flexible with things.

@Default.mp3

From when I talked to them, it seemed like the rear sights behind the optic would indeed necessitate an adapter plate like what Mark did.

Are there any other shops doing P30 RDS cuts since this started? I was set on having LTT do it, but finding out they have a requirement that the whole slide be refinished in Cerakote and the thickness of that coating on photos of a P30 I saw posted elsewhere is giving me pause. I did check with them, and they confirmed it was mandatory. But, it’s also the best all around option I’m seeing except for that - I like LTT’s RDO plates on my Berettas.

I wish L&M was still around…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Are there any other shops doing P30 RDS cuts since this started? I was set on having LTT do it, but finding out they have a requirement that the whole slide be refinished in Cerakote and the thickness of that coating on photos of a P30 I saw posted elsewhere is giving me pause. I did check with them, and they confirmed it was mandatory. But, it’s also the best all around option I’m seeing except for that - I like LTT’s RDO plates on my Berettas.

I wish L&M was still around…
    I have a P30 milled for a 507c that I'll sell you. I have two but have gone back to my CZs for primary and don't need a spare P30 any more. PM me if interested. Wright Armory does nice work if you don't die of old age waiting.😁

User Tag List