Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: P30 with RDS/PMO

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    On my P30L, the front night sight that Mark installed on the gun measures .415 from top of sight to bottom of the dovetail. .325 from top of rib on the slide. By eyeball, the distance from the rib on slide to the top left of the RMR is approximately .915 inch. I think most holsters made for a red dot would be designed to take front sight height into account. I can’t recommend Dale Fricke holsters enough. He does a fantastic job. L&M has done two HKs for me and the work was excellent.
    Let me know if you want me to measure any other dimensions.

Edited to add that acquisition of the dot upon a draw is very intuitive with the medium backstrap. The RMR never felt like it was mounted too high.
    Thank you sir, that is very helpful.

I'm not so much worried about holster fitment with the sights as I am having an unreasonable height over bore situation. It looks like the sight heights come in somewhere between a direct milled Glock and a MOS Glock, but is closer to the direct milled.

Your comment about not feeling like it was too high is really what I'm looking for. I know that is obviously subjective, but its good to know that it has a good feel.

Does the adapter plate extend the entire width of the optic so that a sealing plate isn't needed? It looks like it would be, but it's hard to tell from pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Thank you sir, that is very helpful.

I'm not so much worried about holster fitment with the sights as I am having an unreasonable height over bore situation. It looks like the sight heights come in somewhere between a direct milled Glock and a MOS Glock, but is closer to the direct milled.

Your comment about not feeling like it was too high is really what I'm looking for. I know that is obviously subjective, but its good to know that it has a good feel.

Does the adapter plate extend the entire width of the optic so that a sealing plate isn't needed? It looks like it would be, but it's hard to tell from pictures.
    I have a sealing plate mounted on both my L&M installs with Type 2 RMRs. I think that the only Trijicon that doesn't need a sealing plate is the SRO but I'm not sure. I don't have a sealing plate on my SRO mounted on a revolver.
    Real guns have hammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    I have a sealing plate mounted on both my L&M installs with Type 2 RMRs. I think that the only Trijicon that doesn't need a sealing plate is the SRO but I'm not sure. I don't have a sealing plate on my SRO mounted on a revolver.
    Thanks.

I know the RMR doesn't need the sealing plate if the built in o-ring makes contact with a smooth surface all the way around. That isn't possible on a Glock install because the slide isn't wide enough, but the offset mounts for my ar15s cover the entire bottom so the plate isn't needed.

It looks like the plate L&M uses could be wide enough, but on a closer look it looks like the cutout for the firing pin system roll pin may require the sealing plate. I sent Mark an email so I'll see what he says.

You might want to contact Vulcan Gun Works in Plano and see what he can do for you.

He MIGHT be able to mill a Glock dovetail aft of the factory rear dovetail and mill the RDS in the factory rear dovetail.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    You might want to contact Vulcan Gun Works in Plano and see what he can do for you.

He MIGHT be able to mill a Glock dovetail aft of the factory rear dovetail and mill the RDS in the factory rear dovetail.
    I don’t think their is enough metal in the slide without doing some type of plate setup, but they have the P30 listed as coming soon on their optic cut page so I sent them an email to see what they can do.

I’m not far from them so if they can offer a quality product I’d love to keep it local. Thanks for the recommendation.

I don’t think their is enough metal in the slide without doing some type of plate setup, but they have the P30 listed as coming soon on their optic cut page so I sent them an email to see what they can do.

I’m not far from them so if they can offer a quality product I’d love to keep it local. Thanks for the recommendation.
    I checked with him a year ago. Jeremy said he hadn’t done any H&K’s yet, which is why it’s listed as coming soon. I have no doubt he’d do a fine job with it.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    We are on the same page. Love the P30 with LEM, but my eyes need the RDS more.
    That’s exactly where I’m at...I keep hoping that HK will take the hint, and offer some of their hammer fired pistols with a slide cut for a RDS from the factory...But knowing HK, we might see something like that by the end of this decade... In the meantime, I’ll have to get by with my Gen 5 G19, MOS...

It looks like the plate L&M uses could be wide enough, but on a closer look it looks like the cutout for the firing pin system roll pin may require the sealing plate. I sent Mark an email so I'll see what he says.
    You will need a sealing plate, lube can seep up from the roll pins.

Never really shot any other pistols with RDSes, but my RMR'd P30LSes did not seem to have excessive height over bore. I used the Dawson 0.330" tritium fronts when I had the RMRs.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post

Never really shot any other pistols with RDSes, but my RMR'd P30LSes did not seem to have excessive height over bore. I used the Dawson 0.330" tritium fronts when I had the RMRs.
    Totally OT

But I've spent two days thinking WTF did Default do to get banned, he's never struck me as a problem dude.

Then he posted more while "banned"
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post

Yep.

Mark confirmed the plate does match the optic outline so it would be mostly sealed without a plate, but still recommends using one because of the roll pins.

I’ll be going with L&M and sending my slide out as soon as my P30sk gets here.

User Tag List