Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: P30 with RDS/PMO

I have been running an RMR Type 2 on my P30L LEM for about a year and a half (same battery ). I love the combination. I shoot it mostly at steel challenge and as a range gun. I have an HK45C with RMR for carry on those rare occasions when I'm out of New Jersey and can carry. The difference for me compared to irons is like day and night. Mark Housel did my installations and did a fantastic job. I highly recommend him and the RMR on the P30.

I don't really understand the argument about the increased cost to install an RMR on a P30 compared to a VP9; over the life of the gun the installation cost differential is miniscule compared to the price of the ammo you'll put through it. If it's one of those "not sure I'll like it" kind of issues start with Trijicon's dovetail adaptor for the P30 to get a feel for it before committing to the milling and BUIS.
    Real guns have hammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    I have been running an RMR Type 2 on my P30L LEM for about a year and a half (same battery ). I love the combination. I shoot it mostly at steel challenge and as a range gun. I have an HK45C with RMR for carry on those rare occasions when I'm out of New Jersey and can carry. The difference for me compared to irons is like day and night. Mark Housel did my installations and did a fantastic job. I highly recommend him and the RMR on the P30.

I don't really understand the argument about the increased cost to install an RMR on a P30 compared to a VP9; over the life of the gun the installation cost differential is miniscule compared to the price of the ammo you'll put through it. If it's one of those "not sure I'll like it" kind of issues start with Trijicon's dovetail adaptor for the P30 to get a feel for it before committing to the milling and BUIS.
    Any chance you would post a pic of your setup?

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Any chance you would post a pic of your setup?
    PM sent.
    Real guns have hammers.

Name:  C84D7F51-237E-4E0E-91A5-844A5C5F5878.jpg
Views: 2827
Size:  56.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    David S.

Posted with permission by @Tom Duffy in support of previous posts.

Name:  P30.jpg
Views: 8524
Size:  97.0 KB

Name:  TduffP302.jpg
Views: 2453
Size:  30.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by cornstalker; 10-10-2019 at 02:58 PM.

https://www.ashburyprecisionordnance...s-introduction

These guys post a fair amount of hk dot work though im not personally familiar with the quality of their work.

http://instagram.com/p/BjM_1OdHmB9/
    Last edited by backtrail540; 10-11-2019 at 10:07 AM.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Anybody have any new feedback on this?

I have a few P30's that I'm hoping to add RMRs to, and am currently considering L&M or Wright Armory.

Wright Armory's solution seems to get the optic a little lower in the slide, but requires the rear sight to be in front of the optic, which isn't my preference.

For those with the L&M work (@Tom Duffy), does the optic seem to sit too high on the slide? Are the BUIS abnormally tall? I'm coming from direct milled Glocks, so I realize the P30 will be a little higher, but I'd prefer to minimize it if possible.

The LM plate doesn't have recoil bosses. Is that a concern?

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    The LM plate doesn't have recoil bosses. Is that a concern?
    Wright Armory doesn’t mill them either. I’m not terribly concerned about that since in this application the optic will contact the slide/plate on the front and rear which essentially does the same thing.

I’d prefer they be there if it was an option, but not something I’ll lose sleep over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Anybody have any new feedback on this?

I have a few P30's that I'm hoping to add RMRs to, and am currently considering L&M or Wright Armory.

Wright Armory's solution seems to get the optic a little lower in the slide, but requires the rear sight to be in front of the optic, which isn't my preference.

For those with the L&M work (@Tom Duffy), does the optic seem to sit too high on the slide? Are the BUIS abnormally tall? I'm coming from direct milled Glocks, so I realize the P30 will be a little higher, but I'd prefer to minimize it if possible.
    On my P30L, the front night sight that Mark installed on the gun measures .415 from top of sight to bottom of the dovetail. .325 from top of rib on the slide. By eyeball, the distance from the rib on slide to the top left of the RMR is approximately .915 inch. I think most holsters made for a red dot would be designed to take front sight height into account. I can’t recommend Dale Fricke holsters enough. He does a fantastic job. L&M has done two HKs for me and the work was excellent.
    Let me know if you want me to measure any other dimensions.

Edited to add that acquisition of the dot upon a draw is very intuitive with the medium backstrap. The RMR never felt like it was mounted too high.
    Last edited by Tom Duffy; 05-20-2020 at 03:24 PM.
    Real guns have hammers.

User Tag List